Fire Sprinkler/Fire Alarm Inspections HelperLocation: Jackson, TN
American Fire Protection Group is growing! Because of this growth we are seeking to add an ambitious Inspections Helper to our team in Jackson, TN. The Inspections Helper has a direct impact on the success of our business, making tangible contributions valued by the company and our customers.
- Enjoy learning new skills every day at work
- Take pride in contributing to a variety of projects and being able to see the end results of your hard work
…then we would love to hear from you!
What makes someone successful in this role?
- Being dependable.
- Actively listening to understand.
- Maintaining a positive attitude.
- Making effective use of your problem-solving skills.
What can you expect to accomplish in your first year on the job?
- Learning the specialized workings of the Life Safety Industry.
- Upholding our enduring purpose of Building Great Leaders with regular participation in the Learning and Development opportunities available at AFPG and APi Group.
- Discovering how to overcome obstacles you will never see in any other career.
- Taking steps on a career path towards becoming a Technician, Journeyman, or Inspector in the Life Safety Industry.
Why choose to work for American Fire Protection Group?
- We offer competitive pay for experienced fire protection experts. Pay is based on the level of experience you have in the fire protection industry.
- We are owned by a multi-billion-dollar corporation, the APi Group, based in Minnesota. This gives us the financial support, the training and leadership development opportunities, and the additional resources of an industry-leading corporation.
- We believe in promoting from within. Every employee has the opportunity to be put on an Individual Development Plan (IDP) for any position within the company. If you have the drive to make a better career for yourself, we will help you achieve that goal.
- We strongly advocate for the use of technology and automated systems. We equip our team members with all the latest tools to help them perform their jobs well.
- We are an engaged organization with strong and authentic values, clear evidence of trust and fairness based on mutual respect, where two-way promises and commitments – between employers and staff – are understood and fulfilled.
- We hire people whose values align with ours. This is a key element of AFPG’s People/Talent Development Operating Code tenet.
- Many of our employees have worked for us for over 30 years. We believe that if you invest in the right people, we can create a long-lasting professional relationship that makes everyone successful.
- We have a longstanding commitment to hiring veterans, both in the field and in the office.
- Be at least 18 years of age with a High School diploma or GED.
- Ability to pass background check and preemployment drug screening.
- Physically capable of performing the essential functions of the job: handling material potentially in excess of 80 lbs; working with tools off scaffolds, ladders, and aerial lifts at heights potentially in excess of 100 ft; working in confined spaces and in trenches of eight feet or greater depth; and working in adverse weather conditions.
- Excellent near vision – ability to see details at close range.
- Strong values and a dedication to working with honesty and integrity at all times.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Well-developed active listening, critical thinking, and deductive reasoning skills.
- Dependability – must be reliable, responsible, and committed to fulfilling assigned duties.
- Assisting in performing inspections in accordance with National Fire Protection Association Inspections.
- Checking in and out with the clients before starting and completing all work.
- Verifying alarm panel functionality before starting all work.
- Putting fire alarm system in test mode before starting all work.
- Assisting in preparing and submitting accurate and thorough inspection forms for all inspected systems.
- Itemizing all deficient items and providing detailed feedback to the office as to what it will take to correct them.
- Itemizing all recommendations and providing detailed feedback to the office as to what it will take to correct them.
- Providing all clients a “high-five” AFPG experience with your customer service centered attitude.
- Making recommendations to clients to have AFPG become their full-service fire and life safety provider.
- Effectively scheduling time.
- Obtaining tools and equipment for projects as required.
- Coordinating with Service Technicians as required to schedule inspections in the most efficient way possible.
- Keeping current with new technology, state, and local codes.
- Continued development toward NICET Level certifications to become a licensed inspector.
APi Group provides competitive compensation and benefits that support the total well-being of you and your family, as well as providing formal learning and development opportunities to continue building great leaders.
See all of our current job openings.