AFPG Engineering Internships
Project Engineer Interns are an integral part of the Divisional office staff and are provided with tasks that are both technically challenging and educationally stimulating. Under the guidance of the Design Manager and/or Division Manager, interns will be assigned to various tasks and projects in the Life Safety industry that will give them meaningful hands-on experience in the Project Engineer role.
The goal of our Internship program is to develop future engineering resources for our organization while providing support to our engineering and management staff. Although we make no guarantee of employment, it is our goal to have our interns fully capable of stepping into a full-time engineering position after completion of the internship.
Project Engineer Intern Duties may include:
- Create fire sprinkler system drawings and perform hydraulic calculations through the use of SprinkCAD or HydraCAD software packages
- Coordinate our design drawings with other building components via 3D/BIM software and Navisworks
- Create stock lists for all material required throughout a, project
- Assist field personnel with system installation
- Assist field personnel with design and coordination answers and write RFI’s as necessary
- Maintain contract files and data, and communicate changes and updates to stakeholders
- Develop positive and ongoing relationships with AFPG employees and customers
- Conduct surveys of existing buildings and fire sprinkler systems and accurately transfer the information into AutoCAD
- Assist Sales staff with estimating takeoffs, estimates, and proposals as required
- Assist the Service Department with service projects and/or inspections as required
- Complete other duties as directed by supervisor
Qualifications Needed for Engineer Internship:
- Applicable Engineering degree
- Proven ability of meeting deadlines and performing work in a timely manner
- Must be detail-oriented
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills, and strong mathematic and analytical skills
- Ability to coordinate and work well with others
- Self-motivated with a desire to learn and advance skills
- Software experience using Microsoft Office products and AutoCAD or other 3D drawing programs
- Reside in local office area for duration of internship
If you are ready to take on a career as an engineer, then our internship program is right for you. If you are interested in this program, please apply below. We look forward to speaking with you!
Ready to hear more? Call us today and get a full rundown of everything you can expect when working with AFPG for any of your Life Safety needs.
Call 214-349-2221 to speak to a Life Safety expert today!