Fire Alarm/Security CoordinatorLocation: Houston, TX
American Fire Protection Group (AFPG) is growing! Because of that growth, we are seeking qualified candidates to fill a Fire Alarm/Security Coordinator position in our Houston, Texas office. This position has a direct impact on the success of our business, making tangible contributions valued by the company and our customers.
What makes someone successful in this role?
- Constant pursuit of excellence on behalf of our customers, meeting and exceeding their expectations, creating a simple, worry-free, and effortless experience.
- A relentless pursuit of knowledge about emerging technologies in the life safety industry, including updated policies and regulations in our market.
- Regularly participating in the Learning and Development opportunities available through AFPG and APi Group.
- Being results-oriented and achieving target average gross margin on Service work.
- Tenacious tracking of all customer issues, inquiries, and proposals in AFPG’s Service Management Tool.
- Experience related to the security industry and/or building services and maintenance.
- Strong oral and written communications skills are a must.
- Willing to present information and respond to questions from managers, customers, Authorities Having Jurisdiction (AHJ’s), and the general public.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Possess a valid driver’s license, in accordance with Company policy.
- Being proficient at determining customer needs by asking the right questions, conducting site surveys, and/or collaborating with AFPG TEAM members.
- Developing caring and enduring customer relationships that meet or exceed the expectations of our customers. Providing exceptional customer experiences.
- Coordinating alarm and security jobs from the awareness of need through collection of payment in a timely and efficient manner. This may include tasks such as initial troubleshooting, building/sending proposals, scheduling, ordering material, internal and external communication, and billing.
- Receive alarm and security service calls from customers and take appropriate action.
- Compile close-out documents and distribute them to appropriate parties.
- Add and remove user codes for AFPG Security customers as needed.
- Manage monitoring reports and coordinate with customers as needed to resolve performance and/or billing issues.
- Create, track and process project purchase orders.
- Process project billing and project invoices as required.
- Provide administrative, filing, telephone, and typing support to the Department Leader as required.
- Place calls to customers ensuring their satisfaction with the work prior to invoicing, confirming contact information and invoicing method preference; follow up on unpaid invoices and elevating any issues with customers to your leadership.
- Abiding by AFPG’s Guidelines for Customer Service whenever interacting with a customer.
- Ensuring that security service and contract work is executed as efficiently and effectively as possible to help achieve a combined gross margin of at least 43%.
- Maintaining resolve-to-invoice metrics on security service work of 7 days or less.
- Supporting AFPG’s goal of 15% annual growth of our Service/Inspection business.
- Learning and following the AFPG Operating Code 100% of the time.
See all of our current job openings.