Dual-Licensed Fire Sprinkler/Fire Alarm InspectorLocation: Tyler, TX
American Fire Protection Group is growing! Because of this growth we are seeking to add an ambitious Dual Licensed Fire Alarm/Sprinkler Inspector to our team in Tyler, TX. Timely and dependable, Dual-Licensed Fire Alarm & Sprinkler Inspectors juggle multiple jobs, responding to work orders quickly and efficiently. They provide excellent customer service, possessing solid communication and interpersonal skills. In order to effectively troubleshoot, successful Fire Alarm & Sprinkler Inspectors must also be detail-oriented problem solvers. Flexibility is necessary in this industry as schedules can be unpredictable and often require evening or weekend work.
Why Choose to Work for American Fire Protection Group?
- We offer competitive pay for experienced fire protection experts. Pay is based on the level of experience you have in the fire protection industry.
- We offer a 401K retirement program that includes an employer match.
- We are owned by the APi Group, a publicly traded, multi-billion-dollar corporation based in Minnesota. This is a benefit that provides financial support and backing, world-class training, and leadership development.
- We offer an industry leading benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, flex spending, and tuition reimbursements.
- We strongly believe in promoting from within. Every employee has the opportunity to participate in our Individual Development Plan (IDP) process. If you have the drive to make a better career for yourself, we will help you achieve that goal.
- We strongly advocate for the use of the most current technology our industry has to offer.
- We are an engaged organization with strong and authentic values, with clear evidence of trust and fairness, where two-way promises and commitments are understood and fulfilled.
- We hire people whose values align with ours. This is a key element of our People/Talent Development Operating Code tenet.
- Many of our employees have worked with us for over 30 years. We believe if you invest in the right people, you will create long-lasting professional relationships that benefit everyone.
- We have a longstanding commitment to hire veterans, both in the field and in the office.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Four-year college or university program certificate; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Able to pass a pre-employment background and drug test.
- 2+ years documented experience with fire sprinkler system inspections.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and driving record that meets Company requirements.
- Knowledge of test equipment, multi-meter, digital analyzer, and commissioning devices.
- Experience installing, inspecting, and repairing fire sprinkler systems.
- Experience in reading and interpreting blueprints, submittals, and operational/product manuals.
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends to meet customer requirements.
- Demonstrate a high level of commitment to exceptional customer service.
- Ability to adhere to, implement, and follow safety guidelines and procedures at all times.
- Retain any licenses that are required by national, state, and local codes.
- Knowledge of applicable NFPA standards.
- NICET II certification preferred.
- FAL license.
- Backflow Certification.
- Additional certifications related to fire safety are a plus – FEL-A, FEL-B, FEL-K.
- Knowledge of manufacturer’s equipment.
- Maintain a positive attitude and represent AFPG in a professional manner.
- Effective scheduling of time.
- Obtain tools and equipment for projects as required.
- Coordinate with service technicians as required to schedule inspections in the most efficient way possible.
- Keep current with new technology, state, and local codes.
See all of our current job openings.