Contract Fire Sprinkler Sales RepresentativeLocation: Monroe, LA
American Fire Protection Group (AFPG) is growing! Because of that growth, we are seeking qualified applicants for an open Fire Sprinkler Sales Representative position in our Monroe, LA office. You will be compensated with a competitive base salary plus incentives calculated from the profits on the sales you make. A generous monthly vehicle allowance is also provided to encourage consistent weekly in-person contact with customers.
- Appreciate leadership who encourages you to develop professionally and personally and supports you in the process
- Are a dedicated learner and regularly seek out and participate in training and development opportunities
- Value caring and enduring relationships with customers and co-workers
…then we would love to talk to you!
What makes someone successful in this role?
- A customer-centric focus
- Being goal-oriented and results-driven
- Communicating effectively
- A humble receptivity for feedback – positive or constructive
- A firm commitment to honesty and integrity
What can you expect to accomplish your first year on the job?
- Development of a foundational understanding of Fire Sprinklers and Fire Alarms.
- Completion of your National Institute Certification in Engineering Technologies (NICET) Level I.
- Building a pipeline of business from your own customer base – getting the right work with the right customers.
- Successful mentorship alongside seasoned AFPG Sales Representative to learn our day-to-day operations.
Why Choose to Work for American Fire Protection Group?
- We offer competitive pay for experienced fire protection experts. Pay is based on the level of experience you have in the fire protection industry.
- We are owned by the APi Group, a publicly traded, multi-billion-dollar corporation based in Minnesota. This is a benefit that provides financial support and backing, world-class training, and leadership development.
- We offer an industry leading benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, flex spending, tuition reimbursements, profit sharing, an Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and an employer-matched 401(K).
- We strongly believe in promoting from within. Every employee has the opportunity to participate in our Individual Development Plan (IDP) process. If you have the drive to make a better career for yourself, we will help you achieve that goal.
- We strongly advocate for the use of the most current technology our industry has to offer.
- We are an engaged organization with strong and authentic values, with clear evidence of trust and fairness, where two-way promises and commitments are understood and fulfilled.
- We hire people whose values align with ours. This is a key element of our People/Talent Development Operating Code tenet.
- Many of our employees have worked with us for over 30 years. We believe if you invest in the right people, you will create long-lasting professional relationships that benefit everyone.
- We have a longstanding commitment to hire veterans, both in the field and in the office.
- High School diploma or GED required, College Degree a plus.
- Three or more years of consultative selling experience in fire sprinkler sales, design, and/or project management.
- Experience in commercial, residential, and industrial areas of the fire protection industry is preferred.
- Advanced written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Well-developed active listening, critical thinking, and deductive reasoning skills.
- A valid driver’s license and an acceptable DMV record.
- Passing a pre-employment drug test, as well as background and reference checks.
- Developing cooperative relationships with others, including owners and General Contractors.
- Reviewing construction project plans, requirements, drawings, and specifications.
- Performing hazard analysis and value engineering tasks for design/build projects.
- Preparing cost estimates and determining project constructability.
- Securing plans and designs for developing pricing and proposals, acquiring subcontract pricing, and complying with code and permit requirements.
- Maintaining contact with subcontractors of various trades and working to expand AFPG’s list of qualified subcontractors.
- Establishing contact with potential qualified buyers by diligently scheduling sales calls, following up on leads quickly after they’re identified, and helping to execute outlined marketing strategies.
- Working with customers to define their needs and developing solutions that meet them.
- Developing and maintaining an active proposal backlog that supports the established sales plan.
- Maintaining historical record of all sales and bidding documents/stats.
- Providing input that serves to improve company-wide business processes and systems.
- Submitting all required sales reports, data, expenses, and correspondence in an accurate and timely manner.
- Conducting coordination with Design and Operations Departments to ensure proper handoff of job information.
See all of our current job openings.