Division LeaderLocation: San Antonio, TX
American Fire Protection Group (AFPG) is seeking qualified candidates for a Division Leader in our San Antonio, TX location. As Division Leader, you will be responsible for the direction, coordination, and supervision of all activities for our San Antonio location. This includes Automatic Sprinkler, Alarm & Detection, and Special Hazards. You will plan, lead, and direct the growth of the division office and execute other assigned duties. You will be responsible for the delivery of quality systems and service to ensure customer satisfaction. You will communicate all division office financial data, future business growth opportunities, and general economic outlooks to the company CEO/President. You will assist in a first-line leadership capacity to administer AFPG company policies, while focusing on the staffing, growth, and development of TEAM members within San Antonio while creating a positive AFPG attitude and culture.
- A solid belief and understanding of AFPG values.
- Three or more years of business leadership experience.
- Profit center management experience or equivalent preferred.
- Ability to review, analyze, and discuss financial information with regard to division office operations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and complex situations concurrently.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree in Business Administration is a plus.
- Knowledge of the Fire Protection industry is a plus.
- Hire, train, and motivate quality individuals whose values align with ours.
- Build customer relationships – both internal and external.
- Establish and execute best practice processes.
- Participate in and supervise others in the sale, design, fabrication, installation, and service of all life safety systems.
- Review reports and conduct meetings to analyze projections of sales and profits against actual figures, budgeted expenses against final totals, project status, and progress; implement methods to improve each process as appropriate.
- Develop and oversee reports and proposals as required for San Antonio.
- Work with corporate marketing personnel to develop new business for the division location.
- Increase client base within division market.
- Participate in local trade group/association functions.
- Analyze office operations to identify opportunities for areas that need to be re-organized, downsized, or eliminated.
- Consider long-range economic trends and industry prospects for future growth in overall sales, market share, acquisitions, and/or expansion into new areas.
- Estimate requirements for capital, land, buildings, equipment, and personnel.
- Initiate personnel actions including hiring, promotions, transfers, discharges, and disciplinary measures.
- Institute and monitor TEAM member training and development programs.
- Implement and lead the TEAM member annual review program and Individual Development Plan (IDP) process.
- Oversee division office Safety and Risk Leadership program and be directly responsible for Safety and Risk performance.
- Confer with Vice President and/or AFPG CEO/President to identify, plan, and develop methods for continually achieving greater efficiencies and improved business processes.
- Ensure Division maintains documentation compliant with auditing standards and requirements and will also serve to protect the company’s assets.
- Complete special projects and other assigned responsibilities as directed by the Vice President and/or AFPG CEO/President, which include acting as a member on company committees.
APi Group provides competitive compensation and benefits that support the total well-being of you and your family, as well as providing formal learning and development opportunities to continue building great leaders.
See all of our current job openings.