Careers at American Fire Protection Group
Contract Fire Sprinkler Sales RepresentativeLocation: Monroe, LA
American Fire Protection Group (AFPG) is growing! Because of that growth, we are seeking qualified applicants for an open Contract Fire Sprinkler Sales Representative position in our Monroe, LA office. You will be compensated with a competitive base salary plus incentives calculated from the profits on the sales you make. A generous monthly vehicle allowance is also provided to encourage consistent weekly in-person contact with customers.
- Appreciate leadership who encourages you to develop professionally and personally and supports you in the process
- Are a dedicated learner and regularly seek out and participate in training and development opportunities
- Value caring and enduring relationships with customers and co-workers
…then we would love to talk to you!
What makes someone successful in this role?
- An effective communicator
- Trustworthy and honest
- Organizationally savvy
Why Choose to Work for American Fire Protection Group?
- We offer competitive pay for experienced fire protection experts. Pay is based on the level of experience you have in the fire protection industry.
- We are owned by the APi Group, a publicly traded, multi-billion-dollar corporation based in Minnesota. This is a benefit that provides financial support and backing, world-class training, and leadership development.
- We offer an industry leading benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, flex spending, tuition reimbursements, profit sharing, an Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and an employer-matched 401(K).
- We strongly believe in promoting from within. Every employee has the opportunity to participate in our Individual Development Plan (IDP) process. If you have the drive to make a better career for yourself, we will help you achieve that goal.
- We strongly advocate for the use of the most current technology our industry has to offer.
- We are an engaged organization with strong and authentic values, with clear evidence of trust and fairness, where two-way promises and commitments are understood and fulfilled.
- We hire people whose values align with ours. This is a key element of our People/Talent Development Operating Code tenet.
- Many of our employees have worked with us for over 30 years. We believe if you invest in the right people, you will create long-lasting professional relationships that benefit everyone.
- We have a longstanding commitment to hire veterans, both in the field and in the office.
- High School diploma or GED required, College Degree a plus.
- Five or more years of consultative selling experience in fire sprinkler sales, design, and/or project management.
- Experience in commercial, residential, and industrial areas of the fire protection industry is preferred.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, AutoSprink, HydraCAD, or other specialized fire sprinkler layout software is preferred.
- Advanced written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Well-developed active listening, critical thinking, and deductive reasoning skills.
- Have a valid driver’s license and an acceptable DMV record.
- Passing a pre-employment drug test, as well as background and reference check.
- Upholding AFPG’s core values.
- Being committed to the success of our AFPG team.
- Developing cooperative relationships with others, including owners and General Contractors.
- Reviewing construction project plans, requirements, drawings, and specifications.
- Performing hazard analysis and value engineering tasks for design / build projects.
- Preparing cost estimates and determining project constructability.
- Securing plans and designs for developing pricing and proposals, acquiring subcontract pricing, and complying with codes and permits.
- Maintaining contact with subcontractors of various trades and working to expand AFPG’s list of qualified subcontractors.
- Establishing contact with potential qualified buyers by diligently scheduling sales calls, following up on leads quickly after they’re identified, and helping to execute outlined marketing strategies.
- Developing caring and enduring relationships that meet or exceed the expectations of our customers.
- Consistently evaluating if you’re getting the right work with the right customers.
- Working with customers to define their needs and developing solutions that meet them.
- Developing and maintaining an active proposal backlog that supports the established sales plan.
- Maintaining historical record of all sales and bidding documents/stats.
- Providing input that serves to improve company-wide business processes and systems.
- Submitting all required sales reports, data, expenses, and correspondence in an accurate and timely manner.
- Conducting coordination with Design and Operations departments to ensure proper handoff of job information.
- Performing Project Manager, Estimator, and Sales functions as required and designated.
APi Group provides competitive compensation and benefits that support the total well-being of you and your family, as well as providing formal learning and development opportunities to continue building great leaders.
See all of our current job openings.