Careers at American Fire Protection Group
Experienced Security Sales RepresentativeLocation: Houston, TX
American Fire Protection Group (AFPG) is growing! Because of that growth, we are seeking qualified applicants for an Experienced Security Sales Representative position in our Houston, Texas office. This sales position has a direct impact on the success of our business, making tangible contributions valued by the company and our customers. This is a position where truly get out of it what you put into it!
- Thrive on variety during your workdays
- Are motivated by sales goals
- Communicate effectively
- Value trust and honesty
- Know how to navigate organizational structure to reach decision-makers
…then we would love to talk to you!
What makes someone successful in this role?
- A customer-centric focus
- Being goal-oriented and results-driven
- Communicating effectively
- A humble receptivity for feedback – positive or constructive
- A firm commitment to honesty and integrity
What can you expect to accomplish your first year on the job?
- Using your technical and sales knowledge to build/maintain customer confidence in AFPG
- Keeping current with the advancements in technology
- Building on the framework and network of knowledge available from your AFPG colleagues
Why Choose to Work for American Fire Protection Group?
- We offer competitive pay for experienced fire protection experts. Pay is based on the level of experience you have in the fire protection industry.
- We are owned by the APi Group, a publicly traded, multi-billion-dollar corporation based in Minnesota. This is a benefit that provides financial support and backing, world-class training, and leadership development.
- We offer an industry leading benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, flex spending, tuition reimbursements, profit sharing, an Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and an employer-matched 401(K).
- We strongly believe in promoting from within. Every employee has the opportunity to participate in our Individual Development Plan (IDP) process. If you have the drive to make a better career for yourself, we will help you achieve that goal.
- We strongly advocate for the use of the most current technology our industry has to offer.
- We are an engaged organization with strong and authentic values, with clear evidence of trust and fairness, where two-way promises and commitments are understood and fulfilled.
- We hire people whose values align with ours. This is a key element of our People/Talent Development Operating Code tenet.
- Many of our employees have worked with us for over 30 years. We believe if you invest in the right people, you will create long-lasting professional relationships that benefit everyone.
- We have a longstanding commitment to hire veterans, both in the field and in the office.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Previous experience in access control, CCTV, and alarm systems sales and/or project management.
- Affinity for seeking out and building and maintaining caring and enduring relationships.
- Possessing a CAN-DO attitude.
- Strong oral and written communications.
- Business development and/or marketing experience is a plus.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook). Experience with a CRM system is a plus.
- Possess a valid driver’s license in accordance with Company policy.
- Generating new business and nurturing existing customer relationships.
- Defining customer needs and developing a sales strategy to gain customer understanding of company offerings.
- Securing plans and designs for developing pricing and proposals and complying with codes and permits.
- Meeting or exceeding sales plan objectives.
- Developing and maintaining an active proposal backlog.
- Providing input to improve company-wide business processes and systems.
- Submitting all required sales reports, data, expenses, and correspondence in an accurate and timely manner.
- Coordination with teammates to ensure proper handoff of job information.
APi Group provides competitive compensation and benefits that support the total well-being of you and your family, as well as providing formal learning and development opportunities to continue building great leaders.
See all of our current job openings.