Careers at American Fire Protection Group
Sprinkler Fitter ForemanLocation: San Antonio, TX
The Sprinkler Fitter Foreman is responsible for supervising and providing reliable, high quality customer support through on-site inspecting, installing, repairing and/or replacing fire sprinkler equipment as well as conducting preventive maintenance services pertaining to many different manufacturers equipment. The Sprinkler Fitter Foreman is also primarily responsible for the on-the-job coaching and development of Sprinkler Apprentices.
* Ensures Accountability: Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
* Communicates Effectively: Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
* Customer Focus: Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
* Directs Work: Providing direction, delegating, and removing obstacles to get work done.
* Plans and Aligns: Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
* Optimizes Work Processes: Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
* Participate in the training of apprentices and journeymen to develop strong fitters and future foremen. Strive to progress your career and train your replacement!
* Have a strong knowledge of NFPA codes and industry standards. Maintain good habits and do not cut corners.
* Communicate effectively with your leaders regarding job status and any concerns.
* You and all workers on site have the authority to stop work if you observe unsafe actions.
* Meet the responsibility to be fit for duty every day; zero-tolerance policy for substance abuse.
* Be productive and keep inactive time in your crew to a minimum.
* Keep your work truck clean and organized and inspect your crew’s trucks on a regular basis.
* Take advantage of training and certification systems to continue to develop your skills.
* In addition to required PPE, dress appropriately to represent yourself and AFPG, Inc. as a professional tradesman and organization, respectively.
* Inventory and maintain organization of materials on the job site.
* Proactively order materials to minimize delivery delays and keep your jobs on schedule.
* Maintain and submit time records in a timely and complete manner.
* Build and maintain relationships with customers. Up-sell all AFPG, Inc. services to include inspections, A&D, and monitoring.
* Submit all job-related paperwork in a timely manner to ensure prompt billing.
* Install, repair and maintain fixed extinguishing systems, including underground piping.
* Install and service various fire protection equipment such as standpipe, dioxide, clean agent and foam systems.
* Use sure off testers and all other means to verify systems are out of service and drained before work. Never work on a live system.
* Travel as required to job sites as directed by your superintendent and/or other leaders.
* Meet responsibilities to the customer, fellow workers and AFPG, Inc. by arriving on the job on time, ready to work, every day.
* Enforce contractual starting and quitting times, including lunch and break periods. Personal cell phones will not be used during the workday except for designated break periods.
* Maintain accountability and respect tools provided by AFPG, Inc.
* Complete work at or below budgeted labor hours. Immediately inform your superintendent or other leaders of any delays or work stoppages.
* Respect the customer’s property. Dispose of all trash properly and be aware of your surroundings to avoid property damage.
* Understand, follow and enforce all customer, APi Group and AFPG, Inc. safety and security policies and procedures.
* Obey all safe, reasonable and legitimate leadership directives.
Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, 401k
See all of our current job openings.