American Fire Protection Group believes in the importance of Apprenticeship Training as illustrated in this video produced by the American Fire Sprinkler Association (AFSA). AFPG actively participates in the invaluable programs offered through the AFSA.
Our Mission at American Fire Protection Group is to be the leading solutions provider within the fire protection industry always bringing our finest effort, exceptional ideas and incomparable character to every project. Paramount to AFPG’s successful pursuit of this mission is the hiring of quality people whose values align with ours. Our values are strong and they produce exceptional results.
What are those values?
- Caring and enduring relationships with others
- Honesty and Integrity
- Excellence on all levels
- Fulfilling work
- Safety and Risk Management First Culture
At AFPG we are committed to each individual’s success. We know our team members and we care about them, and it shows. Like our parent company, the APi Group, we are committed to helping each person grow through training, leadership development and advancement. We have well-defined career paths and training opportunities that help support the growth and skill sets needed to progress on those paths.
- United States Department of Labor approved Apprenticeship Program
- Foreman / Supervisor Leadership Training
- Project Manager Leadership Training
- Branch Manager Leadership Training
- Regionally based Leader Labs
- Strategic Level Leader Labs
- Emerging leadership training
We augment training by paying for and encouraging participation in job-related conferences, seminars and workshops. We also offer a tuition reimbursement program, along with a highly competitive benefits package that includes a 401K with matching and an ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Program).
If you’re interested in joining our highly-respected team of professionals, start the application process today by submitting an online application via the Apply Now link for one of our open positions.
American Fire Protection Group, and its divisions, believes in Equal Opportunity for all and is committed to ensuring all individuals, including individuals with disabilities, have an opportunity to apply for those positions that they are interested in and qualify for without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
Service Project Manager
Responsible for managing service and installation of access control, CCTV, alarm, intercom and other security related products. Responsible for meeting or exceeding project budgets and monitoring job costs. The Security Project Manager holds the primary responsibility for the management and development of technicians. Will work closely with the Service Admin to ensure jobs are handled correctly and promptly. Will also work with the Purchasing Admin to ensure timely ordering of equipment and materials.
- Eligible for FBI/background checks/drug screen
- Completed NTS Level 1
- Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of alarm, access control and CCTV systems – both installation and service
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously
- High level of self-motivation
- Has clear understanding of all employee current skills and abilities and leverages those to increase profitability
- Subject Matter Expert concerning systems that are installed / serviced and required codes and standards
- Ability to travel overnight on occasion
- Strong values and a dedication to working with honesty and integrity at all times
- Commitment to excellence and driven to team success
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Read and write English
- Proficient in Microsoft products and able to learn new software programs
- Manage all jobs (service and installation); always looking out for the best interest of the customer and the company
- Lead by example
- Honor all schedules and commitments, ensuring that we are on every job at the right time with the right personnel, tools, plans and materials
- Proactively manages the quality of work performed by the technicians and/or technician helpers; initiates appropriate actions as required to ensure work complies with installation documents, codes and permits
- Continually monitors and maintains construction schedules
- Identify changes in projects that impact cost, schedule, or labor and assist in providing change orders as needed
- Monitor costs on projects
- Attend constructions meetings as necessary
- Develop positive and ongoing relationships with customers to ensure company is meeting customers’ expectations
- Lead by example in a Safety First culture
- Work in compliance with the Company’s safety manual with safety of self and others in mind at all times – SAFETY FIRST
- Ensure that technicians complete daily Safety Huddles as required
- Perform inspections of PPE and equipment as required
- Perform job safety audits as required
- Motivates technicians utilizing recognition and encouragement
- Ensures all technicians are trained / certified on equipment they will be operating
- Assist with installations and service as needed
- Ensures that all systems are tested by technicians for proper operation
- Regular communication with Division Leader to communicate project status, delays, requirements, etc.
- Work with Purchasing and Permit Admin to ensure that materials are ordered in a timely manner
- Work with Purchasing and Permit Admin to ensure that inspections are scheduled as needed
- All work performed to industry and Company standards with quality installation and service techniques
- Ensure complete closeout and turnover of jobs to the client (ensure that work is completed so it can be billed in full)
- Responsible for maintaining good customer relations – both with General Contractors and their personnel and the end-user
- Maintain license requirements, including necessary CEUs
- Maintain a spotless driving record
- Manage jobs to meet/exceed budget and for maximum profit
See all of our current job openings.