Careers at American Fire Protection Group
Security & Access Control TechnicianLocation: Houston, TX
AFPG in Houston is looking for an experienced and ambitious Security Technician to install and repair major makes and models of security systems in new and existing buildings in all types of construction.
If you are…
- An effective communicator
- Trustworthy and honest
- Organizationally savvy
…then we would love to talk to you!
Why Choose to Work for American Fire Protection Group?
- We offer competitive pay and industry-leading benefits for experienced fire protection experts, including a 401(K) retirement program. Pay is based on the level of experience you have in the fire protection industry.
- We are owned by the APi Group, a publicly traded, multi-billion-dollar corporation based in Minnesota. This is a benefit that provides financial support and backing, world-class training, and leadership development.
- We strongly believe in promoting from within. Every employee has the opportunity to participate in our Individual Development Plan (IDP) process. If you have the drive to make a better career for yourself, we will help you achieve that goal.
- We strongly advocate for the use of the most current technology our industry has to offer.
- We are an engaged organization with strong and authentic values, with clear evidence of trust and fairness, where two-way promises and commitments are understood and fulfilled.
- We hire people whose values align with ours. This is a key element of our People/Talent Development Operating Code tenet.
- Many of our employees have worked with us for over 30 years. We believe if you invest in the right people, you will create long-lasting professional relationships that benefit everyone.
- We have a longstanding commitment to hire veterans, both in the field and in the office.
• High school diploma or GED.
• Access Control, Alarm Systems, CCTV, and Intercom experience.
• Low voltage electronics experience.
• Physically capable of performing the essential functions of being a security technician, including: handling materials and equipment potentially in excess of 50 lbs; working with tools off scaffolds, ladders, and aerial lifts at heights potentially in excess of 30 ft; working in confined spaces; and working in adverse weather conditions.
• Strong values and a dedication to working with honesty and integrity at all times.
• Commitment to excellence.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to use and learn computer software and devices.
• Well-developed active listening, critical thinking, and deductive reasoning skills.
• Have a valid driver’s license and an acceptable DMV record.
• Licensed by the Texas Department of Public Safety Private Security Division (or have the ability to pass background checks and testing to obtain license).
• Certified Alarm Technician – Level 1.
• Have dependable means of transportation to get to and from job sites and other places of work.
• OSHA 10 certified a plus.
HOW YOUR SUCCESS WILL BE MEASURED:
• How effectively you plan the day-to-day activities of the installation and repair of security systems.
• Your understanding of construction documents, including plans and specifications.
• Ensuring job quality and customer satisfaction are maintained in every stage of your projects.
• Interaction with upper management and other trades, customers, and vendors/suppliers to build lasting relationships.
• How you manage time and materials to ensure the assigned tasks meet or beat budgets.
• How well-informed you keep leadership on all issues affecting materials, schedules, costs, and relationships.
• Your focus on safety and safety practices including Daily Huddles, Tool Box Talks, etc.
• Your attendance and participation in all job site and office meetings related to assigned projects.
• Maintaining solid working knowledge of applicable codes.
• Assessing need for equipment and maintaining responsibility for all equipment while in your possession.
• Maintenance of a professional appearance at all times, ensuring uniforms are in good condition.
• Completion all required and recommended training.
Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, 401K, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
See all of our current job openings.