American Fire Protection Group believes in the importance of Apprenticeship Training as illustrated in this video produced by the American Fire Sprinkler Association (AFSA). AFPG actively participates in the invaluable programs offered through the AFSA.
Our Mission at American Fire Protection Group is to be the leading solutions provider within the fire protection industry always bringing our finest effort, exceptional ideas and incomparable character to every project. Paramount to AFPG’s successful pursuit of this mission is the hiring of quality people whose values align with ours. Our values are strong and they produce exceptional results.
What are those values?
- Caring and enduring relationships with others
- Honesty and Integrity
- Excellence on all levels
- Fulfilling work
- Safety and Risk Management First Culture
At AFPG we are committed to each individual’s success. We know our team members and we care about them, and it shows. Like our parent company, the APi Group, we are committed to helping each person grow through training, leadership development and advancement. We have well-defined career paths and training opportunities that help support the growth and skill sets needed to progress on those paths.
- United States Department of Labor approved Apprenticeship Program
- Foreman / Supervisor Leadership Training
- Project Manager Leadership Training
- Branch Manager Leadership Training
- Regionally based Leader Labs
- Strategic Level Leader Labs
- Emerging leadership training
We augment training by paying for and encouraging participation in job-related conferences, seminars and workshops. We also offer a tuition reimbursement program, along with a highly competitive benefits package that includes a 401K with matching and an ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Program).
If you’re interested in joining our highly-respected team of professionals, start the application process today by submitting an online application via the Apply Now link for one of our open positions.
American Fire Protection Group, and its divisions, believes in Equal Opportunity for all and is committed to ensuring all individuals, including individuals with disabilities, have an opportunity to apply for those positions that they are interested in and qualify for without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
RME-I Fire Sprinkler Inspector
The RME-I Fire Sprinkler Inspector’s duties include testing and inspection of fire sprinkler systems with knowledge of multiple manufacturers’ products. We have a need for a self-motivated, customer service oriented Inspector with strong written and verbal communication skills. The Inspector will provide accurate and detailed inspections reports with all proper documentation of improvements and complications. We're looking for high-end talent and are willing to compensate accordingly.
- NICET Level II or III preferred
- Texas License is required (RME-I)
- Strong working knowledge of life safety and NFPA codes
- Working knowledge of sprinkler controls, alarm panels, devices and critical components
- Willing to perform testing and maintenance
- Able to complete documentation as necessary; proficient in the use of personal computers and Microsoft Office, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Willing to coordinate between inspection deficiencies and service required to correct found deficiencies
- Prepared to read and write English clearly
- Capability to present information and respond to questions from managers, customers, AHJs (Authorities Having Jurisdiction) and the general public
- Possess a valid driver’s license; in accordance with Company policy
- Willing to pass post-offer drug screen, background and reference check
- Perform routine inspections, testing and services of life safety product lines
- Responsible for operating with minimal supervision while performing fire protection inspections
- Daily communications with Project Manager and/or Schedule Coordinator on inspection or project delays, requirements and general status of job
- Work with Project Manager, Schedule Coordinator and Office Administrative Staff to ensure complete closeout and turnover of jobs to the client (Confirm that work is completed so it can be billed in full)
Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, 401K, ESOP.
See all of our current job openings.