American Fire Protection Group believes in the importance of Apprenticeship Training as illustrated in this video produced by the American Fire Sprinkler Association (AFSA). AFPG actively participates in the invaluable programs offered through the AFSA.
Our Mission at American Fire Protection Group is to be the leading solutions provider within the fire protection industry always bringing our finest effort, exceptional ideas and incomparable character to every project. Paramount to AFPG’s successful pursuit of this mission is the hiring of quality people whose values align with ours. Our values are strong and they produce exceptional results.
What are those values?
- Caring and enduring relationships with others
- Honesty and Integrity
- Excellence on all levels
- Fulfilling work
- Safety and Risk Management First Culture
At AFPG we are committed to each individual’s success. We know our team members and we care about them, and it shows. Like our parent company, the APi Group, we are committed to helping each person grow through training, leadership development and advancement. We have well-defined career paths and training opportunities that help support the growth and skill sets needed to progress on those paths.
- United States Department of Labor approved Apprenticeship Program
- Foreman / Supervisor Leadership Training
- Project Manager Leadership Training
- Branch Manager Leadership Training
- Regionally based Leader Labs
- Strategic Level Leader Labs
- Emerging leadership training
We augment training by paying for and encouraging participation in job-related conferences, seminars and workshops. We also offer a tuition reimbursement program, along with a highly competitive benefits package that includes a 401K with matching and an ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Program).
If you’re interested in joining our highly-respected team of professionals, start the application process today by submitting an online application via the Apply Now link for one of our open positions.
American Fire Protection Group, and its divisions, believes in Equal Opportunity for all and is committed to ensuring all individuals, including individuals with disabilities, have an opportunity to apply for those positions that they are interested in and qualify for without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
Customer Service Specialist
This role is the primary point of contact for our divisions as it applies to new job setup within our service software (Astea). The position is designed to assist all AFPG divisions with the creation of new jobs by collecting accurate billing, job location, and job description information from the sales person or by talking directly with the customer. This position reports to the Business Process Leader. Hours are typically 7:30 AM - 4:00 PM M-F.
• Builds and maintains positive, customer service oriented, internal and external relationships
• Flexibility, responds to change in a positive manner
• A positive, receptive and objective attitude
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• Strong communication skills
• Proven computer proficiency (Outlook, Excel, Word)
• Telephone customer service aptitude
• Strong oral and written English communications skills
• Prioritization and management of multiple tasks
• Dependable, accurate, and detail oriented
• Must be a self-starter who takes initiative and anticipates needs
• Proficient in data entry and management
• Post high school education or college degree is preferred
Preferred skills and abilities
• Industry knowledge of fire protection and inspection industry
Key Job Responsibilities
• Provide clerical, filing, telephone, and typing support to the Service departments as required.
• Review new job setup forms and backup paperwork to verify complete information has been submitted.
• Create new service jobs within Astea based on information provided from our divisions or customers.
• Cross train with our Inspection Contracts Leader to operate as a backup for renewing existing inspection contracts within Astea and add/update information in our inspection forms software (FormLink).
• Maintain relationships with service personnel by delivering consistent and reliable results.
• Improve the efficiency of our service and inspection departments through higher quality inspection information
• Act as backup for Astea trouble-shooting and issue resolution while Business Process Leader is out of the office
• Assist with accounting and operations special projects as requested
• Perform data cleanup tasks/projects as required during our financial system replacement project.
• Perform other related duties as assigned
Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, 401K, ESOP.
See all of our current job openings.