Fire Sprinkler ApprenticeLocation: Monroe, LA
American Fire Protection Group (AFPG) is growing! Because of that growth, we are seeking qualified applicants for an open Fire Sprinkler Apprentice position in our Monroe, LA office. Our Apprentices are the backbones to this company’s success and are the future of our company.
- Enjoy working with your hands and solving problems
- Value building upward growth potential in a growing industry
- Appreciate opportunities for learning and growth
…then we would love to hear from you!
What make someone successful in this role?
- Being self-motivated to succeed.
- Technical saavy.
- Having an appetite for learning and knowledge.
- Being self-reliant.
What can you expect to accomplish in your first year on the job?
- Completion of Apprenticeship Levels 1 and 2.
- Completion of OSHA 10 Hour training.
- Understanding the basics of pipefitting.
- Learning how to read and comprehend installation drawings.
- Developing an understanding of NFPA 13 and code compliance.
Why Choose to Work for AFPG?
- We are owned by the APi Group, a publicly traded, multi-billion-dollar corporation based in Minnesota. This is a benefit that provides financial support and backing, world-class training, and leadership development.
- We strongly believe in promoting from within. Every employee has the opportunity to participate in our Individual Development Plan (IDP) process. If you have the drive to make a better career for yourself, we will help you achieve that goal.
- We strongly advocate for the use of the most current technology our industry has to offer.
- We are an engaged organization with strong and authentic values, with clear evidence of trust and fairness, where two-way promises and commitments are understood and fulfilled.
- We hire people whose values align with ours. This is a key element of our People/Talent Development Operating Code tenet.
- Many of our employees have worked with us for over 30 years. We believe if you invest in the right people, you will create long-lasting professional relationships that benefit everyone.
- We have a longstanding commitment to hire veterans, both in the field and in the office.
- Providing any necessary documentation for acceptance into Local 669 Road Sprinkler Fitters Union.
- Abiding by the rules and expectations of continued learning laid out in the Local 669 Road Sprinkler Fitters Union after acceptance.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Have strong values and a dedication to working with honesty and integrity at all times.
- A commitment to excellence.
- High School diploma, GED, or equivalent.
- The ability to read, write, and speak English.
- Well-developed active listening, critical thinking, and deductive reasoning skills.
- Dependability – must be reliable, responsible, and committed to fulfilling assigned duties.
- Installing overhead pipes including steel overhead sprinkler piping, wet, dry, pre-action, and deluge, fire pump, standpipe, and hose systems.
- Installing residential systems including CPVC residential pipe and copper residential pipe.
- Installing and servicing underground pipe including private service fire mains, hydrants, pits, and underground control valves.
- Installing and servicing valves, devices, and trim for system risers, alarm valves, dry pipe valves, pre action, and deluge valves, backflow prevention devices, and sprinkler system alarms.
- Fabricating, assembling, installing and maintaining piping, fixtures, and equipment for fire sprinkler systems.
- Inspecting installation of equipment such as valves, pumps, and backflow preventers to ensure systems meet required standards and are in good working order.
- Cutting, threading, grooving, and bending pipe to specifications.
- Assembling and securing pipes, tubes, fittings, and related equipment, according to specifications, by welding, brazing, cementing, and threading joints.
- Attaching pipes to walls, structures, and fixtures using brackets, clamps, tools, or welding equipment.
- Inspecting, examining, and testing installed systems and pipelines using pressure gauges, hydrostatic testing, observation, or other methods.
See all of our current job openings.