Licensed Fire Sprinkler InspectorLocation: North Little Rock, AR
American Fire Protection Group (AFPG) is growing! Because of that growth, we are seeking qualified applicants for a licensed Fire Sprinkler Inspector in our Little Rock, AR office. The Fire Sprinkler Inspector has a direct impact on the success of our business, making tangible contributions valued by the company and our customers.
- Welcome training opportunities for career growth
- Value the benefit of being supplied with all the tools you need to be successful
- Appreciate competitive pay
…then we would love to hear from you!
What makes someone successful in this role?
- Having a respectful and professional demeanor at all times.
- Providing customers with exceptional service and being responsive to their needs.
- Thoroughly completing Inspections Reports in a timely manner.
- Effectively communicating with our customers about their facility deficiencies.
What can you expect to accomplish in your first year on the job?
- Building your life safety industry knowledge.
- Advancement of your education through our robust leadership and development programs.
- Growth of your confidence in the ability to lead others.
Why Choose to Work for American Fire Protection Group?
- We offer competitive pay for experienced fire protection experts. Pay is based on the level of relatable experience.
- We are owned by the APi Group, a publicly traded, multi-billion-dollar corporation based in Minnesota. This is a benefit that provides financial support and backing, world-class training, and leadership development.
- We offer an industry leading benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, flex spending, tuition reimbursements, profit sharing, an Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and a 401K retirement program with an employer match.
- We strongly believe in promoting from within. Every employee has the opportunity to participate in our Individual Development Plan (IDP) process. If you have the drive to make a better career for yourself, we will help you achieve that goal.
- We strongly advocate for the use of the most current technology our industry has to offer.
- We are an engaged organization with strong and authentic values, with clear evidence of trust and fairness, where two-way promises and commitments are understood and fulfilled.
- We hire people whose values align with ours. This is a key element of our People/Talent Development Operating Code tenet.
- Many of our employees have worked with us for over 30 years. We believe if you invest in the right people, you will create long-lasting professional relationships that benefit everyone.
- We have a longstanding commitment to hire veterans, both in the field and in the office.
- RME-I License.
- NICET II certification preferred.
- Additional certifications related to fire safety are a plus.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, four-year college or university program certificate, or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2+ years documented experience with fire sprinkler system inspections.
- Experience installing, inspecting, and repairing fire sprinkler systems.
- Experience reading and interpreting blueprints, submittals, and operational/product manuals.
- Ability to adhere to, implement, and follow safety guidelines and procedures at all times.
- Retaining any licenses required by national, state, and local codes.
- Knowledge of applicable NFPA standards.
- Knowledge of manufacturer’s equipment.
- A valid driver’s license and a driving record that meets company requirements.
- Upholding AFPG’s Safety and Risk Management First Culture at all times.
- Executing inspections with honesty and integrity, providing clear and concise deficiency explanations.
- Scheduling time effectively.
- Obtaining tools and equipment for projects as required.
- Seeking knowledge of specialized inspection tools.
- Coordinating with Service Technicians as required to schedule inspections in the most efficient way possible.
- Keeping current with new technology, state, and local codes.
- Maintaining caring and enduring customer relationships.
- Carefully and meticulously maintaining company vehicle and tools.
- Training Helpers for the Inspector role.
See all of our current job openings.