American Fire Protection Group (AFPG) and Viking Fire Protection Group (VFPG) are seeking a Staff Accountant to join their shared accounting team. Both AFPG and VFPG are full-service fire protection contractors with a cumulative 28 locations across the US, performing over $300M in sales.
Both companies are subsidiaries of APi Group (APG), a multi-billion dollar publicly traded company located in Minnesota. APi Group provides a solid financial backing, top-notch leadership training for its workforce, and a very competitive benefit package including an Employee Profit Sharing Plan.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 1-3 years of relevant experience
- Public accounting background preferred
- Strong attention to detail, organization, and problem-solving skills
- Pursues solutions and continuously looks for areas of process improvement
- Proactive, independent, and naturally curious
- Ability to meet assigned deadlines
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively within a dynamic team environment
- A high value on honesty and integrity in one’s work
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills or higher (i.e. VLOOKUP, SUM, IF, SUBTOTAL)
- Previous experience with reconciling balance sheet accounts and making action items
- Construction accounting experience is a plus, but not required
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test, background, and reference check
- Preparation of journal entries, recurring entries, and expense accruals
- Reconciliation of balance sheet accounts monthly
- Maintenance and ownership on monthly operational reports
- Assist in internal and external audit preparation and requests
- Support the maintenance of internal SOX controls
- Other duties as assigned
See all of our current job openings.