Accounts Payable Specialist - Project Purchase Order Lead
American Fire Protection Group (AFPG) is growing! Because of that growth, we are seeking qualified applicants for an Accounts Payable Specialist/Project Purchase Order Lead in our St. Paul, MN office. This specialist works as an integral part of our Finance team and has a direct impact on the success of our business.
- Enjoy having your skills tested.
- Want to build on your accounting experience.
- Value the opportunity to own your role and run a full-cycle Accounts Payable process.
…then we would love to hear from you!
What makes someone successful in this role?
- Thoughtful organization and prioritization of workflow.
- Building trusting relationships with our division offices.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Well-developed critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
What can you expect to accomplish in your first year on the job?
- Learning the AFPG financial system through peer training and self-study.
- Gaining Life Safety Industry experience.
- Developing a deeper understanding of the full accounts payable process.
- Building competencies that will allow you to perform weekly and monthly duties independently.
Why Choose to Work for American Fire Protection Group?
- We offer competitive pay for experienced fire protection experts. Pay is based on the level of experience you have in the fire protection industry.
- We are owned by the APi Group, a publicly traded, multi-billion-dollar corporation based in Minnesota. This is a benefit that provides financial support and backing, world-class training, and leadership development.
- We offer an industry leading benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, flex spending, tuition reimbursement, profit sharing, and an employer-matched 401 K program.
- We strongly believe in promoting from within. Every employee has the opportunity to participate in our Individual Development Plan (IDP) process. If you have the drive to make a better career for yourself, we will help you achieve that goal.
- We strongly advocate for the use of the most current technology our industry has to offer.
- We are an engaged organization with strong and authentic values, with clear evidence of trust and fairness, where two-way promises and commitments are understood and fulfilled.
- We hire people whose values align with ours. This is a key element of our People/Talent Development Operating Code tenet.
- Many of our employees have worked with us for over 30 years. We believe if you invest in the right people, you will create long-lasting professional relationships that benefit everyone.
- We have a longstanding commitment to hire veterans, both in the field and in the office.
- 1-3 years of previous Accounts Payable experience.
- Associate Degree in Accounting/Finance or higher preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of Accounts Payable and Accounts Payable best practices.
- Ability to work independently at an advanced level in the Microsoft Office suite.
- Strong oral and written communications skills; ability to effectively and professionally communicate with all levels of leadership and employees.
- Trustworthy to maintain confidentiality.
- Timely processing of Accounts Payable invoices and expense reports for our division offices through our advanced purchase order system; researching and resolving all issues.
- Processing check requests and employee expense reports, ensuring proper backup and approvals are obtained.
- Regularly reviewing Accounts Payable aging and taking action to resolve.
- Thorough maintenance of invoice files within SharePoint system.
- Recording petty cash checks in the financial system using supporting backup documentation.
- Verifying vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Communicating regularly with Project Managers, Controller, and divisions for disbursement of Accounts Payable.
- Maintaining strong relationships with external clients and vendors by providing timely responses to questions and inquiries.
See all of our current job openings.