Careers at American Fire Protection Group
Shop HelperLocation: Dallas, TX
We are looking for a Shop Helper to join our growing office in Dallas, TX.
If you are…
- A detail-oriented solutions seeker
- Energetic and ambitious
- A coachable, team player
…then we would love to hear from you!
Why choose to work for American Fire Protection Group?
- We offer competitive pay for experienced fire protection experts. Pay is based on the level of experience you have in the fire protection industry. (Starting at $14)
- We offer an industry leading benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision coverage, profit sharing, an Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and a 401K Retirement Program with an employer match.
- We are owned by a multi-billion-dollar corporation, the APi Group, based in Minnesota. This gives us the financial support, the training and leadership development opportunities, and the additional resources of an industry-leading corporation.
- We believe in promoting from within. Every employee has the opportunity to be put on an Individual Development Plan (IDP) for any position within the company. If you have the drive to make a better career for yourself, we will help you achieve that goal.
- We strongly advocate for the use of technology and automated systems. We equip our team members with all the latest tools to help them perform their jobs well.
- We are an engaged organization with strong and authentic values, clear evidence of trust and fairness based on mutual respect, where two-way promises and commitments – between employers and staff – are understood and fulfilled.
- We hire people whose values align with ours. This is a key element of AFPG’s People/Talent Development Operating Code tenet.
- Many of our employees have worked for us for over 30 years. We believe that if you invest in the right people, we can create a long-lasting professional relationship that makes everyone successful. We have a longstanding commitment to hiring veterans, both in the field and in the office.
- Be at least 18 years of age with a High School diploma or GED.
- Physically capable of performing the essential functions of the job: handling material potentially in excess of 80 lbs.
- Strong values and a dedication to working with honesty and integrity at all times.
- Excellent near vision – ability to see details at close range.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Well-developed active listening, critical thinking, and deductive reasoning skills.
- Dependability – must be reliable, responsible, and committed to fulfilling assigned duties.
- Inspecting, servicing, and maintaining fire extinguishers.
- Service dry chemical, wet chemical, clean agent, and CO2 extinguishers.
- Perform hydrostatic testing on tanks under the supervision of a licensed technician.
- Abide by NFPA 10 and DOT code standards.
- Pursue fire extinguisher licensing (FEL).
- Clean and maintain shop in an organized manner.
- Loading and unloading of shop supplies and equipment.
Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, 401K with employer match, Profit Sharing, Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
Pay depends on your level of experience and education. (Starts at $14/hour)
APi Group provides competitive compensation and benefits that support the total well-being of you and your family, as well as providing formal learning and development opportunities to continue building great leaders.
See all of our current job openings.