Careers at American Fire Protection Group
Fire Sprinkler ForemanLocation: Wilmington, NC
Sunland Fire Protection is growing! Because of this growth we are seeking to add an ambitious Fire Sprinkler Foreman to our team in Willmington, NC. This is an outstanding opportunity for someone seeking opportunities for growth and advancement with an industry-leading company, and who thrives in a hands-on position.
- Genuinely enjoy working in a TEAM environment
- Seek to develop detail-oriented solutions in your work
- Are a coachable, team player
- Can be depended on to be reliable, responsible, and committed to fulfilling assigned duties
…then we would love to hear from you!
- Be at least 18 years of age with a High School diploma or GED.
- Physically capable of performing the essential functions of the job: handling material potentially in excess of 100 lbs; working with tools off scaffolds, ladders, and aerial lifts at heights potentially in excess of 100 ft; working in confined spaces and in trenches of eight feet or greater depth; and working in adverse weather conditions.
- Strong values and a dedication to working with honesty and integrity at all times.
- Excellent near vision – ability to see details at close range.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Well-developed active listening, critical thinking, and deductive reasoning skills.
- Installing pipes including steel overhead sprinkler piping, wet, dry, pre-action and deluge, fire pump, standpipe and hose systems, CPVC, and copper residential.
- Installing and servicing underground pipe including private service fire mains, hydrants, pits, and underground control valves.
- Installing and servicing valves, devices, and trim for system risers, alarm valves, dry pipe valves, pre-action and deluge valves, backflow prevention devices, and sprinkler system alarms.
- Fabricating, assembling, installing, and maintaining piping, fixtures, and equipment for fire sprinkler systems.
- Inspecting installed valves, pumps, and backflow preventers to ensure systems meet required standards.
- Cutting, threading, grooving, and bending pipe to specifications.
- Assembling and securing pipes, tubes, fittings, and related equipment, according to specifications, by welding, brazing, cementing, and threading joints.
- Attaching pipes to walls, structures, and fixtures using brackets, clamps, tools, or welding equipment.
- Inspecting and testing installed systems and pipelines using pressure gauges, hydrostatic testing, observation, or other methods.
- Laying out full scale drawings of pipe systems, supports, and related equipment, following blueprints.
- Planning pipe system layouts, installations, or repairs according to specifications.
What makes someone successful in this role?
- Ambition and energy to be a top performer.
- Being eager to learn and initiating steps to enhance knowledge and understanding of your work.
- A steadfast commitment to delivering exceptional customer service.
- A good work ethic that keeps you striving for excellence on all levels.
- Maintaining a professional appearance at all times.
- The ability to manage projects independently with minimal supervision.
What can you expect to accomplish in your first year on the job?
- Obtaining appropriate local and National Fire/Security Industry certifications and licenses.
- Developing an understanding of Sunland’s culture – how we do things and why.
- Building caring and enduring relationships with your team and your customers.
- Mastering the tasks of your job.
Why Choose to Work for Sunland Fire Protection, a wholly-owned subsidiary of American Fire Protection Group (AFPG)?
- We offer competitive pay for experienced fire protection experts. Pay is based on the level of experience you have in the fire alarm and life safety system industry.
- We are owned by the APi Group, a publicly traded, multi-billion-dollar corporation based in Minnesota. This is a benefit that provides financial support and backing, world-class training, and leadership development.
- We strongly believe in promoting from within. Every employee has the opportunity to participate in our Individual Development Plan (IDP) process. If you have the drive to make a better career for yourself, we will help you achieve that goal.
- We strongly advocate for the use of the most current technology our industry has to offer. We provide software to our salespeople that helps prospect new customers, manage existing relationships, and provide our TEAM every opportunity to WIN.
- We are an engaged organization with strong and authentic values, with clear evidence of trust and fairness, where two-way promises and commitments are understood and fulfilled.
- We hire people whose values align with ours. This is a key element of our People/Talent Development Operating Code tenet.
- Many of our employees have worked with us for over 30 years. We believe if you invest in the right people, you will create long-lasting professional relationships that benefit everyone.
- We have a longstanding commitment to hire veterans, both in the field and in the office.
APi Group provides competitive compensation and benefits that support the total well-being of you and your family, as well as providing formal learning and development opportunities to continue building great leaders.
See all of our current job openings.