Careers at American Fire Protection Group
Fire Sprinkler InspectorLocation: High Point, NC
Sunland Fire Protection is growing! Because of that growth, we are seeking qualified applicants for an open Fire Sprinkler Inspector position in our High Point, NC office. The Fire Sprinkler Inspector has a direct impact on the success of our business, making tangible contributions valued by the company and our customers.
The Fire Sprinkler Inspector is responsible for testing and inspection of fire sprinkler and life safety systems as well as preventive maintenance calling upon knowledge of multiple manufacturers’ products. The Inspector will provide accurate and detailed inspections reports with all proper documentation of deficiencies and noted improvements. Inspection reports should contain enough data with regard to the noted deficiencies or recommendations that a solution proposal can easily be provided to the customer. The fire sprinkler inspector will be expected to develop their skills, certifications and overall technical understanding of all facets of our industry.
- Welcome training opportunities for career growth
- Value the benefit of being supplied with all the tools you need to be successful
- Appreciate competitive pay
…then we would love to hear from you!
Why Choose to Work for Sunland Fire Protection Group, a wholly-owned subsidiary of American Fire Protection Group (AFPG)?
- We offer competitive pay for experienced fire protection experts. Pay is based on the level of relatable experience.
- We are owned by the APi Group, a publicly traded, multi-billion-dollar corporation based in Minnesota. This is a benefit that provides financial support and backing, world-class training, and leadership development.
- We offer an industry leading benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, flex spending, tuition reimbursements, profit sharing, an Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and a 401K retirement program with an employer match.
- We strongly believe in promoting from within. Every employee has the opportunity to participate in our Individual Development Plan (IDP) process. If you have the drive to make a better career for yourself, we will help you achieve that goal.
- We strongly advocate for the use of the most current technology our industry has to offer.
- We are an engaged organization with strong and authentic values, with clear evidence of trust and fairness, where two-way promises and commitments are understood and fulfilled.
- We hire people whose values align with ours. This is a key element of our People/Talent Development Operating Code tenet.
- Many of our employees have worked with us for over 30 years. We believe if you invest in the right people, you will create long-lasting professional relationships that benefit everyone.
- We have a longstanding commitment to hire veterans, both in the field and in the office.
- FS-I-T License required.
- NICET II certification preferred.
- Additional certifications related to fire safety are a plus.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, four-year college or university program certificate, or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience installing, inspecting, and repairing fire sprinkler systems.
- Experience reading and interpreting blueprints, submittals, and operational/product manuals.
- Ability to adhere to, implement, and follow safety guidelines and procedures at all times.
- Retaining any licenses required by national, state, and local codes.
- Knowledge of applicable NFPA standards.
- Knowledge of manufacturer’s equipment.
- A valid driver’s license and a driving record that meets company requirements.
- PROMOTE AND MAINTAIN A SAFETY-FIRST CULTURE!
- Perform fire sprinkler, backflow preventer, fire pump, 5-year assessments, fire extinguisher, and emergency/exit lights testing and inspections in a knowledgeable and thorough manner.
- Complete inspection reports in a thorough and timely manner. (24 hours on average)
- Obtain signed inspection reports and terms and conditions from owner representatives.
- Maintain a positive attitude and represent Sunland in a professional manner.
- Document deficiencies in a way that expedites the turnaround of repair quotes
- Respond to supervisor and customer’s needs (i.e. prompt return of calls, quotes, etc.)
- Effective scheduling of time.
- Obtain tools and equipment for projects as required.
- Coordinate with other TEAM members as required to complete efficient inspections.
- Keep current with new technology, state and local codes.
- Maintain company vehicle in accordance with Sunland's policy.
- Communicate effectively with other TEAM members and leaders in the company.
- Make backflow preventer repairs.
- Other responsibilities and duties may be assigned.
APi Group provides competitive compensation and benefits that support the total well-being of you and your family, as well as providing formal learning and development opportunities to continue building great leaders.
See all of our current job openings.