Careers at American Fire Protection Group
Sprinkler SuperintendantLocation: Wilmington, NC
The Sprinkler Superintendent directs, manages, and oversees the activities of the field team members
installing and servicing sprinkler systems. The Sprinkler Superintendent is also responsible for
completing installations or service work when necessary.
INSPECTIONS FIELD LEADER CORE COMPETENCIES
- Ensures Accountability: Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Communicates Effectively: Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Customer Focus: Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Plans and Aligns: Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- Directs Work: Providing direction, delegating, and removing obstacles to get work done.
- Ensure that proactive communication is maintained with customers and coworkers.
- Ensure that projects are completed at or below the estimate.
- Ensure that the work is scheduled as soon as possible.
- Ensure the material is ready in advance of any project.
- Ensure that all field paperwork is completed and retrieved in a timely manner.
- Notify Service Leader when work is complete and ready to bill.
- Participate in the training of apprentices and journeymen to develop strong fitters and future foremen. Strive to progress your career and train your replacement!
- Have a strong knowledge of NFPA codes and industry standards. Maintain good habits and do not cut corners.
- You and all workers on site have the authority to stop work if you observe unsafe actions.
- Meet the responsibility to be fit for duty every day; zero-tolerance policy for substance abuse.
- Be productive and keep inactive time in your crew to a minimum.
- Keep your work truck clean and organized and inspect your crew’s trucks on a regular basis.
- Promotes a SAFETY-FIRST culture by modeling and encouraging Behavior Based Safety.
- Responsible for reviewing and submitting time for the foremen/trainees and keeping all other job files and records organized and saved properly.
- Maintains and keeps the equipment and material staging area organized.
- Manage needs of the field, ensuring tools, stock, vehicles, and equipment are in proper
- quantity and condition.
- Ensure that technicians have prints, work scope, and material prior to starting the job.
- Facilitate job kick off meetings.
- Attend on-site preconstruction meetings as needed.
- Attend pre and final inspections as required.
- Confers with and directs supervisory personnel engaged in planning and executing work procedures, interpreting specifications, and coordinating various phases of installations and service projects to prevent delays and meet schedules.
- Confers with Project Leader and labor representatives to resolve complaints and grievances within work force.
- Inspects work in progress to ensure that workmanship conforms to specifications and is meeting and/or exceeding industry standards.
- Inspects work to ensure local codes/requirements as well as NFPA (National Fire Protection Association) is adhered to.
- Completes sprinkler installations and service projects, verifying system performance, and maintaining records per NFPA when needed.
- Maintains a positive attitude and represent Sunland in a professional manner.
- Aid the Division Leader in the identification, hiring and development of new crew members as required.
- Ensure that all Sunland workers respect the customer’s property, dispose of trash properly and are aware of their surroundings to avoid property damage.
- Update Project Leader with accurate job information including - Job hours, cost to completes, and inspections that are needed.
APi Group provides competitive compensation and benefits that support the total well-being of you and your family, as well as providing formal learning and development opportunities to continue building great leaders.
See all of our current job openings.