Careers at American Fire Protection Group
Payroll SpecialistLocation: Edina, MN
Reports to: Payroll Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt / Hourly
Location: St. Paul, MN and Edina, MN
American Fire Protection Group (AFPG) and Viking Fire Protection Group (VFPG) are seeking a Payroll Specialist to join their shared Accounting team. Both AFPG and VFPG are full-service fire protection contractors with a cumulative 28 locations across the US, performing over 300M in sales. The companies are subsidiaries of APi Group, a $6 billion publicly traded company located in Minnesota. APi Group provides a solid financial backing, top-notch leadership training for its workforce, and a very competitive benefit package including an Employee Profit Sharing Plan.
The Payroll Specialist is responsible for ensuring all aspects of the payroll cycle, including tax, benefits, garnishments, etc. are timely and accurately processed, transmitted, reconciled and audited. This position is responsible for legal compliance with federal and state tax regulations, union contracts, and financial reporting.
- 2-5 years’ experience processing multi-state payrolls and frequencies
- Union and Construction payroll experience helpful
- Possesses advanced Microsoft Excel and reconciling skills
- A high value on honesty and integrity in one’s work
- Team player that operates well in a dynamic team environment
- Detail-oriented and organized in work
- Ability to meet assigned deadlines
- Well-developed critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Ability to grasp new technology and software quickly
- Proactive and independent
- Ability to be flexible, enthusiastic and embrace change
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test, background and reference check
- Employee record maintenance
- Child Support and Garnishment Administration
- Reconciling and processing payroll for multiple pay cycles
- Prevailing Wage/Certified Payroll
- Process accurate and timely reporting when necessary
- Provide customer service to all members of our organizations
- Perform other related duties as assigned
• Health, Life, Dental, Vision Insurance • Flex Spending (FSA) • 401(K) Plan • Employee Stock Purchase Plan • Profit Sharing Plan • Paid Time Off (PTO) • Paid Holidays • Formal Learning and Development Opportunities
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
See all of our current job openings.