Careers at American Fire Protection Group
Fire Alarm InspectorLocation: Albuquerque, NM
American Fire Protection Group (AFPG) is seeking qualified applicants for an open Fire Alarm Inspector position in our Albuquerque, NM office. The Fire Alarm Inspector is a key member of AFPG’s growing Service and Inspection business.
- Thrive on variety during your workdays
- Value working in a position you can build a career on
- Appreciate stability
- Value trust and honesty
…then we would love to talk to you!
What makes someone successful in this role?
- Consistent and effective communication with customers and colleagues.
- Being punctual and dependable.
- Constant pursuit of excellence on behalf of our customers, meeting and exceeding their expectations, creating a simple, worry-free, and effortless experience.
- A relentless pursuit of knowledge about emerging technologies in the life safety industry, including updated policies and regulations in your market.
- Maintaining a positive attitude and representing AFPG in a professional manner.
What can you expect to accomplish in your first year on the job?
- Forming strong relationships with your AFPG teammates.
- Expanding Life Safety Industry knowledge.
- Creating an Individual Development Plan (IDP) with your supervisor and taking steps toward accomplishing its objectives.
Why Choose to Work for American Fire Protection Group?
- We offer competitive pay for experienced fire protection experts. Pay is based on the level of relatable experience.
- We are owned by the APi Group, a publicly traded, multi-billion-dollar corporation based in Minnesota. This is a benefit that provides financial support and backing, world-class training, and leadership development.
- We offer an industry leading benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, flex spending, tuition reimbursements, profit sharing, an Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and a 401K retirement program with an employer match.
- We strongly believe in promoting from within. Every employee has the opportunity to participate in our Individual Development Plan (IDP) process. If you have the drive to make a better career for yourself, we will help you achieve that goal.
- We strongly advocate for the use of the most current technology our industry has to offer.
- We are an engaged organization with strong and authentic values, with clear evidence of trust and fairness, where two-way promises and commitments are understood and fulfilled.
- We hire people whose values align with ours. This is a key element of our People/Talent Development Operating Code tenet.
- Many of our employees have worked with us for over 30 years. We believe if you invest in the right people, you will create long-lasting professional relationships that benefit everyone.
- We have a longstanding commitment to hire veterans, both in the field and in the office.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Four-year college or university program certificate; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment background and drug test.
- 2+ years documented experience with fire alarm system inspections.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and driving record that meets Company requirements.
- Knowledge of test equipment, multi-meter, digital analyzer, and commissioning devices.
- Experience installing, inspecting, and repairing fire alarm systems.
- Experience reading and interpreting blueprints, submittals, and operational/product manuals.
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends to meet customer requirements.
- Ability to adhere to, implement, and follow safety guidelines and procedures at all times.
- Retaining any licenses that are required by national, state, and local codes.
- Knowledge of applicable NFPA standards.
- NICET II certification preferred.
- FAL license.
- Backflow Certification.
- Additional certifications related to fire safety are a plus – FEL-A, FEL-B, FEL-K.
- Knowledge of manufacturer’s equipment.
- Effective scheduling of time.
- Obtaining tools and equipment for projects as required.
- Coordinating with Service Technicians as required to schedule inspections in the most efficient way possible.
- Keeping current with new technology, state, and local codes.
APi Group provides competitive compensation and benefits that support the total well-being of you and your family, as well as providing formal learning and development opportunities to continue building great leaders.
See all of our current job openings.