Careers at American Fire Protection Group
Fire Sprinkler ForemanLocation: Jackson, TN
American Fire Protection Group (AFPG) is growing! Because of that growth, we are seeking qualified applicants for an open Fire Sprinkler Foreman position in our Jackson, TN office. The Foreman is relied upon to lead well by upholding AFPG’s Values and our Operating Code.
- Are motivated by achieving measurable results and learning to work on multiple system types.
- Value being part of a positive culture where you will be appreciated.
- Want opportunities to grow within the company.
- Appreciate a Safety and Risk Management First Culture.
…then we would love to hear from you!
What makes someone successful in this role?
- Constant, effective, and respectful communication with team members and our customers.
- Being driven to learn all about what you’re doing and why you’re doing it.
- Setting goals and laying out a plan to achieve them.
- Not being afraid of failure – having the courage to ask questions and accept constructive feedback.
What can you expect to accomplish in your first year on the job?
- Participation in valuable training from team members.
- Starting our highly respected Apprenticeship Program.
- Learning to read and understand blueprints.
- Developing an understanding of how a system is installed and how it operates.
Why Choose to Work for American Fire Protection Group?
- We offer competitive pay for experienced fire protection experts. Pay is based on the level of experience you have in the fire protection industry.
- We are owned by the APi Group, a publicly traded, multi-billion-dollar corporation based in Minnesota. This is a benefit that provides financial support and backing, world-class training, and leadership development.
- We strongly believe in promoting from within. Every employee has the opportunity to participate in our Individual Development Plan (IDP) process. If you have the drive to make a better career for yourself, we will help you achieve that goal.
- We strongly advocate for the use of the most current technology our industry has to offer.
- We are an engaged organization with strong and authentic values, with clear evidence of trust and fairness, where two-way promises and commitments are understood and fulfilled.
- We hire people whose values align with ours. This is a key element of our People/Talent Development Operating Code tenet.
- Many of our employees have worked with us for over 30 years. We believe if you invest in the right people, you will create long-lasting professional relationships that benefit everyone.
- We have a longstanding commitment to hire veterans, both in the field and in the office.
- Well-developed and effective written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to set and give direction and establish goals.
- 5-10 years of experience in Fire Sprinkler trade.
- Thorough knowledge of fire suppression systems.
- Being committed to the success of your team and your individual team members.
- Role modeling a professional attitude at all times.
- Willingness to work extended hours as projects require.
- Effectively planning the day-to-day activities of the assembly, installation, and repair of fire protection system pipes, fittings and fixtures.
- Providing guidance and direction to crews for meeting the budgets and schedule dates of each project.
- Ensuring job quality and customer satisfaction is maintained in every stage of our projects.
- Managing labor and materials to ensure the assigned tasks meet or beat budgets.
- Tracking hours and manpower on all tasks.
- Informing Construction Manager and/or Operations Manager of all issues affecting production, materials, schedule, costs, and relationships.
- Planning work schedules to make the most efficient use of assigned manpower and other resources.
- Adjusting work, as needed, to meet construction schedules.
- Assessing need for equipment and maintaining responsibility for all pieces while in your possession.
- Maintaining a professional appearance at all times, ensuring uniforms are in good condition.
APi Group provides competitive compensation and benefits that support the total well-being of you and your family, as well as providing formal learning and development opportunities to continue building great leaders.
See all of our current job openings.