Careers at American Fire Protection Group
Fire Sprinkler Sales - Business Development Sales RepresentativeLocation: High Point, NC
The Business Development Sales Representative is responsible for customer development, providing and negotiating pricing for new sprinkler system installation, existing system replacement, and system modifications and upgrades. The estimates should be thorough, and the proposals should be professional. The BDSR will also be expected to develop end-user service customers and sell flat-rate service work, and t&m work. The BDSR will be expected to work closely with all Departments to sell all-inclusive services to customers. The target market will be the central and eastern parts NC and parts of SC and VA.
- Minimum five years in the fire protection industry. Three or more of these years should be in design or project management.
- Customer Focus: Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Exceptional Customer Service: Part of a unified family of trusted leaders consistently providing peace of mind through exceptional customer service experiences
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
- Attention to Detail: The ability to maintain focus on the details of every system or project that serve as indicators to assess job success in every area
- Industry Knowledge: Demonstrates in depth knowledge of the life safety industry in order to provide an exceptional customer experience
- Self-Motivated: Driven by a sense of personal accomplishment and job satisfaction which contributes to the overall good of the company
- Teamwork: Able to anticipate leadership voids or gaps and actively fills them or ensures that they are being addressed
- Communicates Effectively: Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establish contact with prospective and qualified potential buyers of new commercial fire sprinkler systems, existing fire sprinkler systems and associated equipment.
- Determine customer needs by conducting site surveys and communicate effectively to educate the customer about Sunland/AFPG, Inc. capabilities.
- Create and conduct effective proposal presentations, identifying the customer’s fire and life safety issues, the effects of the problems and solutions offered – expected to be involved in the production of accurate price quotations.
- Develop and maintain an active proposal backlog to support the established sales/revenue plan.
- Develop and maintain new and existing customer relationships that meet or exceed their expectations of a long-term partner.
- Support other AFPG, Inc. TEAMS in their initiatives as they relate to your territory.
- Keep abreast of marketing opportunities through sales calls, networking, and other market related information.
- Conduct thorough and detailed project hand-offs with Operations and Design.
- Complete understanding of Sunland/AFPG, Inc. and Division pricing worksheets and contract terms.
- Consistently review customers to ensure they meet the intent of Sunland/AFPG’s “Right Work with the Right Customers” operating code, and fire those who do not conduct themselves in a professional manner.
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT SALES REPRESENTATIVE EXPECTATIONS
- Maintain a positive attitude which fosters a healthy collaborative work environment
- Two sets of eyes on all proposals going out that exceed $50K.
- Minimum of one face-to-face existing customer visit per week.
- Provide a quote no later than three business days after the customer’s request, or prior to the customer’s deadline, whichever is sooner.
- Be prepared to speak with customers with aged receivables approaching 120 days.
- Participate in at least one local trade organization.
- Take customers to lunch, golf or another relationship-building opportunity at least once per month and at least one after hours entertainment per quarter.
- Develop a schedule and plan to conduct at least one “lunch and learns” per year.
- Conduct self-study as required to stay abreast of emerging technology in the life safety industry and updated policies and regulations in your market.
APi Group provides competitive compensation and benefits that support the total well-being of you and your family, as well as providing formal learning and development opportunities to continue building great leaders.
See all of our current job openings.