Careers at American Fire Protection Group
Fire Alarm & Detection Project ManagerLocation: Jackson, TN
American Fire Protection Group is seeking an ambitious, positive, and detail-oriented Fire Alarm and Detection Project Manager for our growing Jackson, Tennessee office.
Genuinely enjoy working in a TEAM environment
- Like learning new technology and system software programming
- Seek to develop detail-oriented solutions in your work
- Have a talent for effectively and respectfully communicating with others
…then we would love to talk to you!
Why Choose to Work for American Fire Protection Group?
- We offer competitive pay for experienced fire protection experts. Pay is based on the level of experience you have in the fire protection industry.
- We offer a 401K retirement program.
- We are owned by the APi Group, a publicly traded, multi-billion-dollar corporation based in Minnesota. This is a benefit that provides financial support and backing, world-class training, and leadership development.
- We offer an industry leading benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, flex spending, and tuition reimbursements.
- We strongly believe in promoting from within. Every employee has the opportunity to participate in our Individual Development Plan (IDP) process. If you have the drive to make a better career for yourself, we will help you achieve that goal.
- We strongly advocate for the use of the most current technology our industry has to offer.
- We are an engaged organization with strong and authentic values, with clear evidence of trust and fairness, where two-way promises and commitments are understood and fulfilled.
- We hire people whose values align with ours. This is a key element of our People/Talent Development Operating Code tenet.
- Many of our employees have worked with us for over 30 years. We believe if you invest in the right people, you will create long-lasting professional relationships that benefit everyone.
- We have a longstanding commitment to hire veterans, both in the field and in the office.
- Tennessee Qualifying Agent.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook).
- High aptitude for customer service.
- Advanced written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Paying attention to the details in all aspects of your work.
- 6 years industry related experience.
- Experience managing projects of all sizes.
- Upholding AFPG’s Values, Mission, Vision, and Operating Code.
- Representation of AFPG, Inc. in a professional manner.
- Reading, understanding, and abiding by the AFPG Employee Handbook and all other company policies.
- Developing positive and enduring relationships with TEAM members and clients and providing exceptional customer service.
- Supporting other AFPG TEAMs in their initiatives as they relate to your position.
- Providing leadership, guidance and accountability for all Fire Alarm TEAM members.
- Becoming an expert working with all AFPG systems, including, Astea, Microsoft AX, FormLink as well as others.
- Consolidating and reviewing Field TEAM member’s time sheets for accuracy.
- Taking and dispatching Service calls using AFPG systems and processes.
- Recommending improvements in procedures and overall company business practices.
APi Group provides competitive compensation and benefits that support the total well-being of you and your family, as well as providing formal learning and development opportunities to continue building great leaders.
See all of our current job openings.