Careers at American Fire Protection Group
Construction Leader - Fire ProtectionLocation: Albuquerque, NM
American Fire Protection Group (AFPG) is growing! Because of that growth, we are seeking qualified applicants for an open Construction Leader position in our Albuquerque, New Mexico office. The Construction Leader has a direct impact on the success of our business as an influencer on the outcome of our work and how we serve our customers. You will have opportunities to be involved in projects from start to finish, making sure AFPG is providing our customers with their best solution.
- Enjoy mentoring others and positively impacting their personal growth
- Value involvement in all stages of a project and being able to provide input
- Excel at being in front of end users/customers and selling the value and quality of your company
…then we would love to hear from you!
What makes someone successful in this role?
- Being able to plan ahead and forecast needs and anticipated results.
- Communicating well verbally and in writing; effectively conveying ideas internally and externally.
- Listening patiently – listening to understand issues and coach through them.
- Meticulous attention to detail – leading quality control and setting the standard for excellence.
What can you expect to accomplish in your first year on the job?
- Developing a full understanding of the cost structure of our Contract Department.
- Opportunities to complete professional development training through AFPG, APi Group, and the Field Leader Institute.
- Serving as a coach to AFPG Apprentices as they prepare for exams and seek to advance in their classifications.
- Participation in After Action Reviews on Contract wins and lessons learned.
Why Choose to Work for AFPG?
- We offer competitive pay for experienced fire protection experts. Pay is based on the level of relatable experience.
- We are owned by the APi Group, a publicly traded, multi-billion-dollar corporation based in Minnesota. This is a benefit that provides financial support and backing, world-class training, and leadership development.
- We offer an industry leading benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, flex spending, tuition reimbursements, profit sharing, an Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and an employer-matched 401(K).
- We strongly believe in promoting from within. Every employee has the opportunity to participate in our Individual Development Plan (IDP) process. If you have the drive to make a better career for yourself, we will help you achieve that goal.
- We strongly advocate for the use of the most current technology our industry has to offer.
- We are an engaged organization with strong and authentic values, with clear evidence of trust and fairness, where two-way promises and commitments are understood and fulfilled.
- We hire people whose values align with ours. This is a key element of our People/Talent Development Operating Code tenet.
- Many of our employees have worked with us for over 30 years. We believe if you invest in the right people, you will create long-lasting professional relationships that benefit everyone.
- We have a longstanding commitment to hire veterans, both in the field and in the office.
- 5 years Project Leadership or Field Leadership experience.
- Construction Management/ Engineering/ Business degree a plus.
- Knowledge of the tools necessary to ensure completion of work.
- Understanding of code, including local and state requirements.
- Ability to plan and balance multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Superior knowledge of project scheduling and labor forecasting.
- Ability to innovate and adapt to new programs and processes – being a lifelong learner.
- Assisting Sales team by providing accurate labor and equipment estimates.
- Actively participating in the sales to design handoffs in an effort to include field best practices and labor efficiencies into designs, and to ensure the installing Foreman has all required information and guidance for successful project completion.
- Reviewing drawings and stock lists for labor efficiency and material accuracy.
- Ensuring AFPG is on every job at the right time, with the right crew, tools, plans, and materials.
- Proactively managing the quality of work performed by the field staff; performing punch lists and site observations to ensure work complies with codes, permits, and AFPG’s standards.
- Upholding and reinforcing AFPG’s Safety and Risk Management First Culture at all times.
- Tracking future field sizing needs and coordinating with our other offices to provide support to our team.
- Proactively managing division field operating costs including expenses, vehicles, tools, and equipment.
- Providing input for monthly project billings for accuracy and maintenance of a positive cash flow.
- Actively participating in job review meetings and communicating field schedules, issues, and concerns.
- Reporting to owners and general contractors about progress and any necessary modifications.
- Ensuring all field personnel are trained, licensed, and certified on the equipment they will be operating or the type of work they will be performing.
- Overseeing work of subcontractors and holding them to AFPG’s high standards and our customers’ expectations.
- Actively seeking out and recruiting quality individuals to meet our future field manpower needs.
APi Group provides competitive compensation and benefits that support the total well-being of you and your family, as well as providing formal learning and development opportunities to continue building great leaders.
See all of our current job openings.