Careers at American Fire Protection Group
Experienced Fire Sprinkler Sales RepresentativeLocation: High Point, NC
Sunland Fire Protection is growing! Because of that growth, we are seeking qualified applicants who are well-connected in the Raleigh/RTP market for an open Contract Fire Sprinkler Sales Representative position in our High Point, North Carolina office. You will be compensated with a competitive base salary plus incentives calculated from the profits on the sales you make. A generous monthly vehicle allowance is also provided to encourage consistent weekly in-person contact with customers.
- Appreciate leadership who encourages you to develop professionally and personally and supports you in the process
- Are a dedicated learner and regularly seek out and participate in training and development opportunities
- Value caring and enduring relationships with customers and co-workers
…then we would love to talk to you!
What makes someone successful in this role?
- A customer-centric focus
- Being goal-oriented and results-driven
- Communicating effectively
- A humble receptivity for feedback – positive or constructive
- A firm commitment to honesty and integrity
What can you expect to accomplish your first year on the job?
- Development of a foundational understanding of Fire Sprinklers and Fire Alarms.
- Completion of your National Institute Certification in Engineering Technologies (NICET) Level I.
- Building a pipeline of business from your own customer base – getting the right work with the right customers.
- Successful mentorship alongside seasoned Sunland Sales Representative to learn our day-to-day operations.
Why Choose to Work for Sunland Fire Protection?
- We offer competitive pay for experienced fire protection experts. Pay is based on the level of experience you have in the fire protection industry.
- We are owned by the APi Group, a publicly traded, multi-billion-dollar corporation based in Minnesota. This is a benefit that provides financial support and backing, world-class training, and leadership development.
- We offer an industry leading benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, flex spending, tuition reimbursements, an Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and an employer-matched 401K program.
- We strongly believe in promoting from within. Every employee has the opportunity to participate in our Individual Development Plan (IDP) process. If you have the drive to make a better career for yourself, we will help you achieve that goal.
- We strongly advocate for the use of the most current technology our industry has to offer.
- We are an engaged organization with strong and authentic values, with clear evidence of trust and fairness, where two-way promises and commitments are understood and fulfilled.
- We hire people whose values align with ours. This is a key element of our People/Talent Development Operating Code tenet.
- Many of our employees have worked with us for over 30 years. We believe if you invest in the right people, you will create long-lasting professional relationships that benefit everyone.
- We have a longstanding commitment to hire veterans, both in the field and in the office.
- High School diploma or GED required, College Degree a plus.
- 5-10+ years of consultative selling experience in fire sprinkler sales, design, and/or project management.
- Experience in commercial, residential, and industrial areas of the fire protection industry is preferred.
- Advanced written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Well-developed active listening, critical thinking, and deductive reasoning skills.
- A valid driver’s license and an acceptable DMV record.
- Passing a pre-employment drug test, as well as background and reference checks.
- Developing cooperative relationships with others, including owners and General Contractors.
- Reviewing construction project plans, requirements, drawings, and specifications.
- Performing hazard analysis and value engineering tasks for design/build projects.
- Preparing cost estimates and determining project constructability.
- Securing plans and designs for developing pricing and proposals, acquiring subcontract pricing, and complying with code and permit requirements.
- Maintaining contact with subcontractors of various trades and working to expand AFPG’s list of qualified subcontractors.
- Establishing contact with potential qualified buyers by diligently scheduling sales calls, following up on leads quickly after they’re identified, and helping to execute outlined marketing strategies.
- Working with customers to define their needs and developing solutions that meet them.
- Developing and maintaining an active proposal backlog that supports the established sales plan.
- Maintaining historical record of all sales and bidding documents/stats.
- Providing input that serves to improve company-wide business processes and systems.
- Submitting all required sales reports, data, expenses, and correspondence in an accurate and timely manner.
- Conducting coordination with Design and Operations Departments to ensure proper handoff of job information.
See all of our current job openings.