Careers at American Fire Protection Group
Kitchen Hood InspectorLocation: Houston, TX
American Fire Protection Group (AFPG) is growing! Because of that growth, we are seeking qualified applicants for an open Kitchen Hood Suppression Inspector/Service Technician in our Houston, Texas office. The Kitchen Hood Suppression Inspector/Service Technician has a direct impact on the success of our business, making tangible contributions valued by the company and our customers.
- Appreciate having flexibility with your working hours
- Value longstanding relationships with customers
- Are motivated by a commission percentage-based salary
…then we would love to hear from you!
What makes someone successful in this role?
- Providing customers with exceptional service and being responsive to their needs
- Willingness to tenaciously pursue new business with cold calls
- Continuous pursuit of industry knowledge
What can you expect to accomplish in your first year on the job?
- Building pipeline of recurring business – learning how to get the right work with the right customers.
- Development of customer relationships and an understanding of their needs.
- Learning and becoming proficient at using the operating platform Astea.
Why Choose to Work for AFPG?
- We offer competitive pay for experienced fire protection experts. Pay is based on the level of experience you have in the fire protection industry.
- We are owned by the APi Group, a publicly traded, multi-billion-dollar corporation based in Minnesota. This is a benefit that provides financial support and backing, world-class training, and leadership development.
- We offer an industry leading benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, flex spending, tuition reimbursements, profit sharing, an Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and an employer-matched 401(K).
- We strongly believe in promoting from within. Every employee has the opportunity to participate in our Individual Development Plan (IDP) process. If you have the drive to make a better career for yourself, we will help you achieve that goal.
- We strongly advocate for the use of the most current technology our industry has to offer.
- We are an engaged organization with strong and authentic values, with clear evidence of trust and fairness, where two-way promises and commitments are understood and fulfilled.
- We hire people whose values align with ours. This is a key element of our People/Talent Development Operating Code tenet.
- Many of our employees have worked with us for over 30 years. We believe if you invest in the right people, you will create long-lasting professional relationships that benefit everyone.
- We have a longstanding commitment to hire veterans, both in the field and in the office.
- Solid knowledge of NFPA 10, 17, 17A, 96, UL300, Factory Mutual, and applicable codes.
- Understanding of the basics of inspections and life safety codes.
- Understanding of expenses and scheduling.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of service or install experience preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Manufacturer certifications.
- NICET II is preferred.
- Field installation experiences a plus.
- Ability to pass a post-offer drug test and background check and have ability to gain security clearance for special projects.
- A clean Motor Vehicle Record.
- Performing semi-annual or annual inspections and preventative maintenance services on various extinguisher or kitchen hood suppression systems.
- Repairing, replacing, filling, and tagging fire extinguishers.
- Servicing and repairing deficiencies on kitchen suppression systems found during the inspection process.
- Completing electronic and/or hand-written inspection reports.
- Documenting time worked as well as all paperwork relating to assigned tasks in a timely manner.
- Assisting in the scheduling and completion of assigned duties.
- Ability to work independently and use provided personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Reading and understanding construction documents including plans, specifications, contracts, purchase orders, and agreements.
- Providing guidance and direction to crews for meeting the budgets and schedule dates of each project.
- Ensuring job quality and customer satisfaction is maintained in every stage of the project.
- Interacting with upper management and other trades, customers, and vendors/suppliers to build lasting relationships.
- Informing Leadership of all issues affecting production, materials, schedule, costs, and relationships.
- Serving as trainer and coach for crew members.
- Keeping yourself and other focused on AFPG’s Safety and Risk Management First Culture at all times.
- Attending all jobsite and office meetings related to assigned projects as needed and required, ensuring all necessary documentation is completed as required by GC/Owner.
- Planning and adjusting work schedules to make the most efficient use of assigned manpower and other resources.
- Maintaining solid working knowledge of applicable NFPA and Life Safety codes.
- Carefully and meticulously maintaining company vehicle and tools.
- Maintaining professional appearance at all times, ensuring uniforms are in good condition.
- Completing all required, mandatory, and recommended training.
APi Group provides competitive compensation and benefits that support the total well-being of you and your family, as well as providing formal learning and development opportunities to continue building great leaders.
See all of our current job openings.