Careers at American Fire Protection Group
Fire Sprinkler HelperLocation: Dallas, TX
We are looking for a Fire Sprinkler Helper to join our growing office in Dallas, TX.
If you are…
- A detail-oriented solutions seeker
- Energetic and ambitious
- A coachable, team player
…then we would love to hear from you!
Why choose to work for American Fire Protection Group?
- We offer competitive pay for experienced fire protection experts. Pay is based on the level of experience you have in the fire protection industry.
- We offer an industry leading benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision coverage, and a 401K Retirement Program with an employer match.
- We are owned by a multi-billion-dollar corporation, the APi Group, based in Minnesota. This gives us the financial support, the training and leadership development opportunities, and the additional resources of an industry-leading corporation.
- We believe in promoting from within. Every employee has the opportunity to be put on an Individual Development Plan (IDP) for any position within the company. If you have the drive to make a better career for yourself, we will help you achieve that goal.
- We strongly advocate for the use of technology and automated systems. We equip our team members with all the latest tools to help them perform their jobs well.
- We are an engaged organization with strong and authentic values, clear evidence of trust and fairness based on mutual respect, where two-way promises and commitments – between employers and staff – are understood and fulfilled.
- We hire people whose values align with ours. This is a key element of AFPG’s People/Talent Development Operating Code tenet.
- Many of our employees have worked for us for over 30 years. We believe that if you invest in the right people, we can create a long-lasting professional relationship that makes everyone successful.
- We have a longstanding commitment to hiring veterans, both in the field and in the office.
- Be at least 18 years of age with a High School diploma or GED.
- Physically capable of performing the essential functions of the job: handling material potentially in excess of 100 lbs; working with tools off scaffolds, ladders, and aerial lifts at heights potentially in excess of 100 ft; working in confined spaces and in trenches of eight feet or greater depth; and working in adverse weather conditions.
- Strong values and a dedication to working with honesty and integrity at all times.
- Excellent near vision – ability to see details at close range.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Well-developed active listening, critical thinking, and deductive reasoning skills.
- Dependability – must be reliable, responsible, and committed to fulfilling assigned duties.
- Installation of Pipes including steel overhead sprinkler piping, wet, dry, pre-action and deluge, fire pump, standpipe and hose systems, CPVC and copper residential.
- Installation and servicing of underground pipe including private service fire mains, hydrants, pits, and underground control valves.
- Installation and and servicing of valves, devices, and trim for system risers, alarm valves, dry pipe valves, pre-action and deluge valves, backflow prevention devices, and sprinkler system alarms.
- Fabrication, assembly, installation, and maintenance of piping, fixtures, and equipment for fire sprinkler systems.
- Inspections of installed valves, pumps, and backflow preventers to ensure systems meet required standards.
- Cutting, threading, grooving, and bending pipe to specifications.
- Assembling and securing pipes, tubes, fittings, and related equipment, according to specifications, by welding, brazing, cementing, and threading joints.
- Attaching pipes to walls, structures, and fixtures using brackets, clamps, tools, or welding equipment.
- Inspecting and testing installed systems and pipelines using pressure gauges, hydrostatic testing, observation, or other methods.
- Laying out full scale drawings of pipe systems, supports, and related equipment, following blueprints.
- Planning pipe system layouts, installations, or repairs according to specifications.
Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, 401K.
See all of our current job openings.