Careers at American Fire Protection Group
Service Sales RepresentativeLocation: Houston, TX
We are looking for a dynamic, high-performing Service Salesperson with experience selling Fire Protection services to commercial businesses in Houston, TX. This person will be responsible for managing a book of customers and proactively reaching out to ensure client satisfaction/retention while continuously hunting and closing new business. The ideal candidate has a history of bringing on new business and hitting sales goals and loves the challenges that come with prospecting in a competitive market.
If you are…
- An effective communicator
- Trustworthy and honest
- Organizationally savvy
…then we would love to talk to you!
Why Choose to Work for American Fire Protection Group?
- We offer competitive pay for experienced fire protection experts. Pay is based on the level of experience you have in the fire protection industry.
- We offer a 401K retirement program.
- We are owned by the APi Group, a publicly traded, multi-billion-dollar corporation based in Minnesota. This is a benefit that provides financial support and backing, world-class training, and leadership development.
- We offer an industry leading benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, flex spending, and tuition reimbursements.
- We strongly believe in promoting from within. Every employee has the opportunity to participate in our Individual Development Plan (IDP) process. If you have the drive to make a better career for yourself, we will help you achieve that goal.
- We strongly advocate for the use of the most current technology our industry has to offer. We provide software to our salespeople that helps prospect new customers, manage existing relationships, and provide our TEAM every opportunity to WIN.
- We are an engaged organization with strong and authentic values, with clear evidence of trust and fairness, where two-way promises and commitments are understood and fulfilled.
- We hire people whose values align with ours. This is a key element of our People/Talent Development Operating Code tenet.
- Many of our employees have worked with us for over 30 years. We believe if you invest in the right people, you will create long-lasting professional relationships that benefit everyone.
- We have a longstanding commitment to hire veterans, both in the field and in the office.
- At least one year of experience as a Fire Protection Service Salesperson.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook). Experience with Microsoft AX is a plus.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- A positive attitude and a commitment to excellence.
Responsibilities & Expectations of a Service Salesperson – How Your Success Will Be Measured
- Your management of the entire sales cycle from finding clients to securing deal.
- Your ability to unearth new sales opportunities through networking and turn them into enduring partnerships.
- Your after-sales support and efforts that enhance customers’ dedication to the AFPG brand.
- Your track record up-selling current customers with additional services.
- By your participation in local associations of trade markets.
- Working closely with customers to define their needs and developing solutions that meet them.
Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, 401K.
See all of our current job openings.