Careers at American Fire Protection Group
Fire Alarm Sales RepresentativeLocation: Jackson, TN
Are you someone who enjoys the challenge of seeking out new sales opportunities? Do you value caring and enduring relationships with others based on honesty and integrity? If you answered “yes!” to these questions, please read on!
American Fire Protection Group is currently seeking to add an ambitious Fire Alarm Sales Representative to our team in Jackson, TN.
If you are…
- An effective communicator
- Trustworthy and honest
- Organizationally savvy
…then we would love to talk to you!
- High School diploma or GED, College Degree a plus.
- Three or more years of experience in fire alarm sales, design, and/or project management.
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook).
- NICET level I or II in fire alarm systems.
- Knowledge of NFPA 70 and 72.
- Knowledge of construction and the processes and procedures that are involved in each project from beginning to end.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Advanced written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal communication skills.
- Well-developed active listening, critical thinking, and deductive reasoning skills.
- Have a valid driver’s license and an acceptable DMV record.
- Passing a pre-employment drug test, as well as background and reference check.
- Generating new business and nurturing existing customer relationships.
- Establishing contact with prospects and potential buyers by scheduling sales calls, following up on leads quickly after they’re identified, and helping to execute outlined marketing strategies.
- Review construction project plans, requirements, drawings, and specifications.
- Perform value engineering tasks for design / build projects.
- Preparing cost estimates for fire alarm systems, bi-directional amplification systems, security/intrusion systems, CCTV systems, access control systems, area of rescue system, nurse call systems, as well as other low voltage type systems.
- Securing plans and designs for developing pricing and proposals, acquiring subcontract pricing, and complying with codes and permits.
- Maintaining contact with subcontractors of various trades and working to expand AFPG's list of qualified subcontractors.
- Maintaining historical record of all sales and bidding documents/stats.
- Providing input that serves to make our company-wide business processes and systems the best in the industry.
- Submitting all required sales reports, data, expenses, and correspondence in an accurate and timely manner.
- Conducting coordination with Design and Operations departments to ensure proper handoff of job information.
- Conduct Project Manager, Estimator and Sales functions as required and designated.
- Working with customers to define their needs and developing solutions that meet them.
- Developing and maintaining an active proposal backlog that supports the established sales plan.
Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, 401K.
See all of our current job openings.