American Fire Protection Group believes in the importance of Apprenticeship Training as illustrated in this video produced by the American Fire Sprinkler Association (AFSA). AFPG actively participates in the invaluable programs offered through the AFSA.
Our Mission at American Fire Protection Group is to be the leading solutions provider within the fire protection industry always bringing our finest effort, exceptional ideas and incomparable character to every project. Paramount to AFPG’s successful pursuit of this mission is the hiring of quality people whose values align with ours. Our values are strong and they produce exceptional results.
What are those values?
- Caring and enduring relationships with others
- Honesty and Integrity
- Excellence on all levels
- Fulfilling work
- Safety and Risk Management First Culture
At AFPG we are committed to each individual’s success. We know our team members and we care about them, and it shows. Like our parent company, the APi Group, we are committed to helping each person grow through training, leadership development and advancement. We have well-defined career paths and training opportunities that help support the growth and skill sets needed to progress on those paths.
- United States Department of Labor approved Apprenticeship Program
- Foreman / Supervisor Leadership Training
- Project Manager Leadership Training
- Branch Manager Leadership Training
- Regionally based Leader Labs
- Strategic Level Leader Labs
- Emerging leadership training
We augment training by paying for and encouraging participation in job-related conferences, seminars and workshops. We also offer a tuition reimbursement program, along with a highly competitive benefits package that includes a 401K with matching and an ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Program).
If you’re interested in joining our highly-respected team of professionals, start the application process today by submitting an online application via the Apply Now link for one of our open positions.
American Fire Protection Group, and its divisions, believes in Equal Opportunity for all and is committed to ensuring all individuals, including individuals with disabilities, have an opportunity to apply for those positions that they are interested in and qualify for without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
Learning & Development Leader
Our TEAM has an immediate opening for a full-time Learning and Development Leader. This role is responsible for the training of AFPG TEAM members with regards to the programs used across AFPG (Astea, Formlink, Microsoft AX, etc.) and will also coordinate and document participation in other AFPG learning and development programs. The position is designed to assist all AFPG divisions with training new hires and to provide refresher training to existing TEAM members. This is a salaried, exempt role. Work hours are generally 7:30 AM - 4:30 PM.
- Builds and maintains positive, customer service-oriented, internal relationships
- Responds to change in a positive manner
- Has a positive, receptive, and objective attitude
- Pays attention to detail and accuracy
- Possesses strong communication skills
- Computer literate (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Telephone customer service aptitude
- Strong oral and written English communications skills
- Prioritization and management of multiple tasks
- Dependable, accurate, and detail oriented
- Posture to present to senior level leadership
- Be a self-starter who takes the initiative and anticipates needs
- College degree and HR Certification is preferred
- Proficient in data entry and management
- Industry knowledge of fire protection and inspection industry
- Manage internal Learning Management System (SABA) for AFPG in partnership with APi Group
- Maintain online employee profiles
- Assign new hire learning and role-specific learning
- Engage in the Learning Professionals Community which includes Learning and Development Leaders across the APi Group companies and the APi Talent Development TEAM
- Own AFPG’s involvement in APi-led learning courses and AFPG-sanctioned courses
- Facilitate in-person course communication between APi Group and AFPG, from initial registrations all the way through completion of pre- and post-work required of attendees
- Ability to understand and communicate APi’s “Optimal Leadership Development Path” as provided in the APi Group Learning Catalog to better support AFPG TEAM member growth and development
- Work closely with Division Leaders to encourage their TEAM to engage in their own development by registering for appropriate courses through the LMS
- Coordinate, track, and maintain all AFPG TEAM member’s participation in APi Group’s leadership and development classes
- Coordinate, track and maintain all AFPG TEAM member’s participation in AFPG’s Apprenticeship programs, SHAD training courses, and other future courses TBD
- Serve as AFPG’s Onboarding Champion by:
- Leading all division Onboarding Champions in engagement
- Facilitating Onboarding Champion Community calls
- Assisting divisional Onboarding Champions in the execution of their division’s quarterly New TEAM Member Eat and Greet events that are hosted by Regional Leadership
- Assist in the development of new Inspector Training Program (and other programs in the future) with VP of Operations and Business Process Leader:
- Training, including creating new training videos and user manuals for various software programs as necessary
- Leverage 7 Habits of Highly Effective People proposal for AFPG by:
- Reviewing and deciding on a package that makes sense for AFPG’s success
- Designating a certified 7 Habits facilitator for AFPG by either self-certification or working with 1-2 Leaders on certification
- Assist in training preparations and follow-through for future acquisitions including:
- Loading new users into LMS/SABA and assigning appropriate learning
- Maintaining/updating existing systems training materials like cheat sheets
Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, 401K, ESOP.
See all of our current job openings.