Careers at American Fire Protection Group
Kitchen Hood Suppression Inspector/Service TechnicianLocation: Dallas, TX
American Fire Protection Group, Inc. is looking for an experienced Kitchen Hood Suppression Inspector / Service Technician. The best candidate will be outgoing; highly self-motivated, and must be able to problem solve. They will have strong communication skills and a professional image. This person must be able to handle all aspects of an inspection from sales to the actual inspections. This is a ground floor opportunity within the company and could lead to a larger role in the future as we develop the market. Current FEL-K required.
- Industry Knowledge:
- Solid knowledge of NFPA 10, 17, 17A, 96, UL300, Factory Mutual and applicable codes.
- Must understand the basics of inspections and life safety codes.
- Site verification of kitchen hood installations.
- Analysis of blue prints.
- Coordination with other disciplines, engineers, general contractors, and end users.
- Computer literate for reports, deficiencies and possible bids.
- Interactions with Client, Field Personnel and Fire Marshals.
- Understanding of expenses and schedule.
- Minimum 3-5 years of service or install experience preferred.
- Building reports experience a plus.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Manufactures certificates -- required.
- NICET II -- preferred.
- Field installation experiences a plus.
- Must have a current FEL-K Texas state license.
- Must be able to pass a background check and gain security clearance for special projects.
- Willing to pass a post-offer drug test and background check.
- Must have a clean MVR and be willing to travel within the State of Texas.
- Performance of semi-annual or annual inspections and preventative maintenance services on various extinguisher or kitchen hood suppression systems
- Repair, replace, fill and tag all fire extinguishers
- Service and repair deficiencies found during the inspection process.
- Complete electronic and/or hand-written inspection reports Document time worked as well as all paperwork relating to assigned tasks in a timely manner
- Assist the scheduling and completion of assigned duties
- Ability to work independently and use provided personal protective equipment
- Read and understand construction documents including plans, specifications, contracts, purchase orders, and agreements.
- Provide guidance and direction to crews in meeting the budgets and schedule dates of each project.
- Ensure job quality and customer satisfaction is maintained in every stage of the project.
- Interact with upper management and other trades, customers, and vendors/suppliers to build lasting relationships.
- Manage labor and materials to ensure the assigned tasks meet or beat budgets.
- Inform Leadership of all issues affecting production, materials, schedule, costs, and relationships.
- Serve as trainer and coach for crew members.
- Focus on safety and safety practices first and foremost at all task inceptions, including Daily Huddles, Tool Box Talks, etc.
- Attend all jobsite and office meetings related to assigned projects as needed and required, ensuring all necessary documentation is completed as required by GC/Owner.
- Interpret company policies for workers and enforce safety regulations.
- Plan and adjust work schedules to make the most efficient use of assigned manpower and other resources.
- Maintain solid working knowledge of applicable NFPA and Life Safety codes.
- Honor all schedules and internal and external customer commitments.
- Order materials, determine availability, coordinate deliveries, and manage jobsite materials.
- Assess need for equipment and maintain responsibility for all pieces while in your possession.
- Maintain all maintenance and upkeep of company provided vehicles, returning proper documentation as required in a timely manner.
- Maintain professional appearance at all times, ensuring uniforms are in good condition.
- Complete all required, mandatory, and recommended training.
Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, 401K.
See all of our current job openings.