American Fire Protection Group believes in the importance of Apprenticeship Training as illustrated in this video produced by the American Fire Sprinkler Association (AFSA). AFPG actively participates in the invaluable programs offered through the AFSA.
Our Mission at American Fire Protection Group is to be the leading solutions provider within the fire protection industry always bringing our finest effort, exceptional ideas and incomparable character to every project. Paramount to AFPG’s successful pursuit of this mission is the hiring of quality people whose values align with ours. Our values are strong and they produce exceptional results.
What are those values?
- Caring and enduring relationships with others
- Honesty and Integrity
- Excellence on all levels
- Fulfilling work
- Safety and Risk Management First Culture
At AFPG we are committed to each individual’s success. We know our team members and we care about them, and it shows. Like our parent company, the APi Group, we are committed to helping each person grow through training, leadership development and advancement. We have well-defined career paths and training opportunities that help support the growth and skill sets needed to progress on those paths.
- United States Department of Labor approved Apprenticeship Program
- Foreman / Supervisor Leadership Training
- Project Manager Leadership Training
- Branch Manager Leadership Training
- Regionally based Leader Labs
- Strategic Level Leader Labs
- Emerging leadership training
We augment training by paying for and encouraging participation in job-related conferences, seminars and workshops. We also offer a tuition reimbursement program, along with a highly competitive benefits package that includes a 401K with matching and an ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Program).
If you’re interested in joining our highly-respected team of professionals, start the application process today by submitting an online application via the Apply Now link for one of our open positions.
American Fire Protection Group, and its divisions, believes in Equal Opportunity for all and is committed to ensuring all individuals, including individuals with disabilities, have an opportunity to apply for those positions that they are interested in and qualify for without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
Fire Suppression System Technician
American Fire Protection Group, Inc. is looking for an experienced Fire Suppression System Technician to install, inspect and repair fire alarm and special hazards systems in new and existing buildings in all types of construction, using conduit, hangers, wires, alarm devices, panels, piping, tanks and other devices. The Technician must be able to perform test and inspection, and basic repair and maintenance on major makes and models of fire alarm and special hazard systems with minimal supervision.
- Industry Knowledge:
- Solid knowledge of NFPA 10, 12, 12A, 70, 72, 96, 101, 2001, UL300, Factory Mutual and applicable codes.
- Must understand the basics of inspections and life safety codes.
- Site verification of special hazard fire suppression systems including CO2, Halon, Clean Agents, Dry Chemical, etc.
- Analysis of blue prints.
- Coordination with other disciplines, engineers, general contractors, and end users.
- Computer literate for reports, deficiencies and possible bids.
- Interactions with Client, Field Personnel and Fire Marshals.
- Understanding of expenses and schedule.
- Minimum 3-5 years of service or install experience preferred.
- Building reports experience a plus.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Manufactures certificates -- required.
- NICET II -- preferred.
- Field installation experiences a plus.
- Must have a current FEL-A Texas state license.
- Must be able to pass a background check and gain security clearance for special projects.
- Willing to pass a post-offer drug test and background check
- Must have a clean MVR and willing to travel within the State of Texas predominately in the San Antonio/Austin area.
• Performance of daily, weekly, monthly and/or annual inspections and preventative maintenance services on various extinguisher or suppression systems
• Repair, replace, fill and tag all fire extinguishers
• Service, repair and test deficiencies found during inspection.
• Complete electronic and/or hand written inspection reports
• Document time worked as well as all paperwork relating to assigned tasks in a timely manner
• Assist the scheduling and completion of assigned duties
• Work independently and use provided personal protective equipment.
• Read and understand construction documents including plans, specifications, contracts, purchase orders, and agreements.
• Provide guidance and direction to crews in meeting the budgets and schedule dates of each project.
• Ensure job quality and customer satisfaction is maintained in every stage of the project.
• Interact with upper management and other trades, customers, and vendors/suppliers to build lasting relationships.
• Manage labor and materials to ensure the assigned tasks meet or beat budgets.
• Inform Leadership of all issues affecting production, materials, schedule, costs, and relationships.
• Serve as trainer and coach for crew members.
• Focus on safety and safety practices first and foremost at all task inceptions, including Daily Huddles, Tool Box Talks, etc.
• Attend all jobsite and office meetings related to assigned projects as needed and required, ensuring all necessary documentation is completed as required by GC/Owner.
• Interpret company policies for workers and enforce safety regulations.
• Plan and adjust work schedules to make the most efficient use of assigned manpower and other resources.
• Maintain solid working knowledge of applicable NFPA and Life Safety codes.
• Honor all schedules and internal and external customer commitments.
• Order materials, determine availability, coordinate deliveries, and manage jobsite materials.
• Assess need for equipment and maintain responsibility for all pieces while in your possession.
• Maintain all maintenance and upkeep of company provided vehicles, returning proper documentation as required in a timely manner.
• Maintain professional appearance at all times, ensuring uniforms are in good condition.
• Complete all required, mandatory, and recommended training.
See all of our current job openings.