American Fire Protection Group believes in the importance of Apprenticeship Training as illustrated in this video produced by the American Fire Sprinkler Association (AFSA). AFPG actively participates in the invaluable programs offered through the AFSA.
Our Mission at American Fire Protection Group is to be the leading solutions provider within the fire protection industry always bringing our finest effort, exceptional ideas and incomparable character to every project. Paramount to AFPG’s successful pursuit of this mission is the hiring of quality people whose values align with ours. Our values are strong and they produce exceptional results.
What are those values?
- Caring and enduring relationships with others
- Honesty and Integrity
- Excellence on all levels
- Fulfilling work
- Safety and Risk Management First Culture
At AFPG we are committed to each individual’s success. We know our team members and we care about them, and it shows. Like our parent company, the APi Group, we are committed to helping each person grow through training, leadership development and advancement. We have well-defined career paths and training opportunities that help support the growth and skill sets needed to progress on those paths.
- United States Department of Labor approved Apprenticeship Program
- Foreman / Supervisor Leadership Training
- Project Manager Leadership Training
- Branch Manager Leadership Training
- Regionally based Leader Labs
- Strategic Level Leader Labs
- Emerging leadership training
We augment training by paying for and encouraging participation in job-related conferences, seminars and workshops. We also offer a tuition reimbursement program, along with a highly competitive benefits package that includes a 401K with matching and an ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Program).
If you’re interested in joining our highly-respected team of professionals, start the application process today by submitting an online application via the Apply Now link for one of our open positions.
American Fire Protection Group, and its divisions, believes in Equal Opportunity for all and is committed to ensuring all individuals, including individuals with disabilities, have an opportunity to apply for those positions that they are interested in and qualify for without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
The Security Technician will install and repair security systems in new and existing buildings in all types of construction; using access control devices, alarm devices, panels, cameras, DVRs and NVRs, and intercoms. Technician must be able to install and repair major makes and models of security systems with minimal supervision.
• High school diploma or GED
• Access Control, Alarm Systems, CCTV, and Intercom experience
• Low voltage electronics experience
• Physically capable of performing the essential functions of being a security technician, including: handling materials and equipment potentially in excess of 50 lbs; working with tools off scaffolds, ladders, and aerial lifts at heights potentially in excess of 30 ft; working in confined spaces; and working in adverse weather conditions
• Strong values and a dedication to working with honesty and integrity at all times
• Commitment to excellence and driven to team success
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to use and learn computer software and devices
• Well-developed active listening, critical thinking, and deductive reasoning skills
• Have a valid driver’s license and an acceptable DMV record
• Licensed by the Texas Department of Public Safety Private Security Division (or have the ability to pass background checks and testing to obtain license)
• Certified Alarm Technician – Level 1
• Have dependable means of transportation to get to and from job sites and other places of work
• OSHA 10 certified a plus
• Effectively plan the day-to-day activities of the installation and repair of security systems
• Read and understand construction documents, including plans and specifications
• Ensure job quality and customer satisfaction is maintained in every stage of the project
• Interact with upper management and other trades, customers, and vendors/suppliers to build lasting relationships
• Manage time and materials to ensure the assigned tasks meet or beat budgets
• Inform Leadership of all issues affecting materials, schedule, costs and relationships
• Focus on safety and safety practices first and foremost, including Daily Huddles, Tool Box Talks, etc.
• Attend all jobsite and office meetings related to assigned projects as needed and required, ensuring all necessary documentation is completed as required by GC/Owner
• Plan and adjust to make the most efficient use of time and other resources
• Maintain solid working knowledge of applicable codes
• Honor all schedules; internal and external customer commitments
• Assess need for equipment and maintain responsibility for all equipment in while in your possession
• Maintain professional appearance at all times, ensure uniforms are in good condition
• Complete all required and recommended training
See all of our current job openings.