Careers at American Fire Protection Group
Fire Sprinkler Inspector/TechnicianLocation: Albuquerque, NM
The Fire Alarm and Sprinkler Inspector’s duties include testing and inspection of fire alarm and fire sprinkler systems with knowledge of multiple manufacturers’ products. We have a need for a self-motivated, customer service oriented Inspector with strong written and verbal communication skills. The Inspector will provide accurate and detailed inspections reports with all proper documentation of improvements and complications.
- NICET Level I or II, Inspection preferred
- New Mexico Journeyman License is required (MS-J 12)
- Strong working knowledge of life safety and NFPA codes
- Working knowledge of alarm panels, devices and critical components
- Working knowledge of sprinkler controls, alarm panels, devices and critical components
- Willing to perform testing and maintenance
- Able to complete documentation as necessary; proficient in the use of personal computers and Microsoft Office, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Willing to coordinate between inspection deficiencies and service required to correct found deficiencies
- Prepared to read and write English clearly
- Capability to present information and respond to questions from managers, customers, AHJs (Authorities Having Jurisdiction) and the general public
- Possess a valid driver’s license; in accordance with Company policy
- Willing to pass post-offer drug screen, background and reference check
- Perform routine inspections, testing and services of life safety product lines
- Handle low voltage wiring and corresponding devices for the operation of low voltage equipment
- Responsible for operating with minimal supervision while performing fire protection inspections
- Daily communications with Project Manager and/or Schedule Coordinator on inspection or project delays, requirements and general status of job
- Work with Project Manager, Schedule Coordinator and Office Administrative Staff to ensure complete closeout and turnover of jobs to the client (Confirm that work is completed so it can be billed in full)
Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, 401K.
See all of our current job openings.