American Fire Protection Group believes in the importance of Apprenticeship Training as illustrated in this video produced by the American Fire Sprinkler Association (AFSA). AFPG actively participates in the invaluable programs offered through the AFSA.
Our Mission at American Fire Protection Group is to be the leading solutions provider within the fire protection industry always bringing our finest effort, exceptional ideas and incomparable character to every project. Paramount to AFPG’s successful pursuit of this mission is the hiring of quality people whose values align with ours. Our values are strong and they produce exceptional results.
What are those values?
- Caring and enduring relationships with others
- Honesty and Integrity
- Excellence on all levels
- Fulfilling work
- Safety and Risk Management First Culture
At AFPG we are committed to each individual’s success. We know our team members and we care about them, and it shows. Like our parent company, the APi Group, we are committed to helping each person grow through training, leadership development and advancement. We have well-defined career paths and training opportunities that help support the growth and skill sets needed to progress on those paths.
- United States Department of Labor approved Apprenticeship Program
- Foreman / Supervisor Leadership Training
- Project Manager Leadership Training
- Branch Manager Leadership Training
- Regionally based Leader Labs
- Strategic Level Leader Labs
- Emerging leadership training
We augment training by paying for and encouraging participation in job-related conferences, seminars and workshops. We also offer a tuition reimbursement program, along with a highly competitive benefits package that includes a 401K with matching and an ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Program).
If you’re interested in joining our highly-respected team of professionals, start the application process today by submitting an online application via the Apply Now link for one of our open positions.
American Fire Protection Group, and its divisions, believes in Equal Opportunity for all and is committed to ensuring all individuals, including individuals with disabilities, have an opportunity to apply for those positions that they are interested in and qualify for without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for initiating, conducting, and coordinating the clerical and administrative functions required for the effective operation of an office. He/she will assist other branch personnel including key managers in a variety of administrative roles. This is a part-time role.
- Good computer skills with working knowledge of business software applications
- Background in basic secretarial skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Courteous, friendly, helpful attitude at all times when receiving office visitors, answering the phones, or dealing with customers and other associates
- Flexible and able to multi-task
- Able to work with little or no supervision
- Answer incoming calls, assist callers, take accurate messages with complete information and transfer calls as necessary
- Provide clerical, filing, telephone and typing support to the Division Leader and other employees as necessary
- Interact with customers in a professional, friendly and helpful manner
- Answer emails in a timely and professional manner
- Produce accurate correspondence, reports or forms as required
- Process payroll and maintain accurate records of all transaction when Payroll and Accounting Admin is out
- Reconcile receivables with A/R reports, reporting to corporate as instructed
- Generate and process invoices, pay applications, lien waivers, release, etc., and submit to Division Manager for signature as required
- Work with Division Leader, Job Superintendent and Payroll and Accounting Admin in the collection of funds on accounts 30 days past due and over
- Ensure all collection notes are entered and updated as required
- Maintain the tidiness and organization of the overall Division
- Maintain proper personnel information as required
- Maintain confidential information in compliance with APi Group, Inc and AFPG policies and procedures
- Assist and support the Division Leader and Job Superintendent in a professional manner; always looking out for the best interest of the customer and the company
- Create an environment of high professionalism, integrity, honesty, and quality following all company policies as detailed in the Employee Handbook
- Perform special projects or other duties as assigned and assist other personnel as necessary
Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, 401K, ESOP.
See all of our current job openings.