American Fire Protection Group believes in the importance of Apprenticeship Training as illustrated in this video produced by the American Fire Sprinkler Association (AFSA). AFPG actively participates in the invaluable programs offered through the AFSA.
Our Mission at American Fire Protection Group is to be the leading solutions provider within the fire protection industry always bringing our finest effort, exceptional ideas and incomparable character to every project. Paramount to AFPG’s successful pursuit of this mission is the hiring of quality people whose values align with ours. Our values are strong and they produce exceptional results.
What are those values?
- Caring and enduring relationships with others
- Honesty and Integrity
- Excellence on all levels
- Fulfilling work
- Safety and Risk Management First Culture
At AFPG we are committed to each individual’s success. We know our team members and we care about them, and it shows. Like our parent company, the APi Group, we are committed to helping each person grow through training, leadership development and advancement. We have well-defined career paths and training opportunities that help support the growth and skill sets needed to progress on those paths.
- United States Department of Labor approved Apprenticeship Program
- Foreman / Supervisor Leadership Training
- Project Manager Leadership Training
- Branch Manager Leadership Training
- Regionally based Leader Labs
- Strategic Level Leader Labs
- Emerging leadership training
We augment training by paying for and encouraging participation in job-related conferences, seminars and workshops. We also offer a tuition reimbursement program, along with a highly competitive benefits package that includes a 401K with matching and an ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Program).
If you’re interested in joining our highly-respected team of professionals, start the application process today by submitting an online application via the Apply Now link for one of our open positions.
American Fire Protection Group, and its divisions, believes in Equal Opportunity for all and is committed to ensuring all individuals, including individuals with disabilities, have an opportunity to apply for those positions that they are interested in and qualify for without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
Sales & Estimator
This individual will cultivate new business relationships, maintain existing accounts, and ensure the fulfillment of established sales goals through estimating and proposing on fire protection projects. Embrace a consultative selling technique that includes the ability to analyze client needs, communicate appropriate solutions, and facilitate sales to closure.
- High School diploma or GED required, College Degree a Plus
- Three or more years of experience in fire sprinkler sales, design and/or project management
- Experience in commercial, residential and industrial areas of fire protection industry is preferred
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, AutoSprink, HydraCAD or other specialized fire sprinkler layout software preferred
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic with strong written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal communication skills
- Willing to coordinate with other departments in the company, with owners and General Contractors
- Ability to analyze, assess and address customer needs, while clearly displaying American Fire Protection Group’s core values
- Commitment to excellence and driven to team success
- Ability to use and learn computer software and devices
- Well-developed active listening, critical thinking, and deductive reasoning skills
- Have a valid driver’s license and an acceptable DMV record
- Willing to pass a pre-employment drug test, background and reference check
- Review construction project plans, requirements, drawings, and specifications
- Prepare cost estimates and determine project constructability
- Secure plans and designs for developing pricing and proposals, acquire subcontract pricing, and comply with codes and permits
- Maintain contact with subcontractors of various trades and work to expand list of qualified subcontractors
- Establish contact with prospects and potential buyers by scheduling sales calls, following up on leads, and utilizing outlined marketing strategies
- Develop positive and ongoing relationships with customers to ensure customer satisfaction
- Define customer needs and develop a sales strategy to gain customer understanding of company offerings
- Close sufficient sales to meet sales plan objectives
- Develop and maintain an active proposal backlog
- Maintain historical record of all sales and bidding documents/stats
- Provide input to improve company-wide business processes and systems
- Submit all required sales reports, data, expenses, and correspondence in an accurate and timely manner
- Conduct coordination with other departments to ensure proper handoff of job information
- Conduct Project Manager functions as required and designated
Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, 401K, ESOP.
See all of our current job openings.