American Fire Protection Group believes in the importance of Apprenticeship Training as illustrated in this video produced by the American Fire Sprinkler Association (AFSA). AFPG actively participates in the invaluable programs offered through the AFSA.
Our Mission at American Fire Protection Group is to be the leading solutions provider within the fire protection industry always bringing our finest effort, exceptional ideas and incomparable character to every project. Paramount to AFPG’s successful pursuit of this mission is the hiring of quality people whose values align with ours. Our values are strong and they produce exceptional results.
What are those values?
- Caring and enduring relationships with others
- Honesty and Integrity
- Excellence on all levels
- Fulfilling work
- Safety and Risk Management First Culture
At AFPG we are committed to each individual’s success. We know our team members and we care about them, and it shows. Like our parent company, the APi Group, we are committed to helping each person grow through training, leadership development and advancement. We have well-defined career paths and training opportunities that help support the growth and skill sets needed to progress on those paths.
- United States Department of Labor approved Apprenticeship Program
- Foreman / Supervisor Leadership Training
- Project Manager Leadership Training
- Branch Manager Leadership Training
- Regionally based Leader Labs
- Strategic Level Leader Labs
- Emerging leadership training
We augment training by paying for and encouraging participation in job-related conferences, seminars and workshops. We also offer a tuition reimbursement program, along with a highly competitive benefits package that includes a 401K with matching and an ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Program).
If you’re interested in joining our highly-respected team of professionals, start the application process today by submitting an online application via the Apply Now link for one of our open positions.
American Fire Protection Group, and its divisions, believes in Equal Opportunity for all and is committed to ensuring all individuals, including individuals with disabilities, have an opportunity to apply for those positions that they are interested in and qualify for without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
Sprinkler Fitter Helper
Sprinkler Fitters install automatic fire sprinkler systems in new and existing buildings in all types of construction, using valves, hangers, steel and plastic pipe. They layout, assemble, install, and maintain pipe systems, pipe supports, and related equipment for fire sprinkler systems.
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Physically capable of performing the essential functions of being a sprinkler fitter including: handling material potentially in excess of 100 lb; working with tools off scaffolds, ladders, and aerial lifts at heights potentially in excess of 100 ft; working in confined spaces and in trenches of eight feet or greater depth; and working in adverse weather conditions.
- Strong values and a dedication to working with honesty and integrity at all times
- Commitment to excellence and driven to team success
- High School diploma or GED
- Excellent near vision- ability so see details at close range
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Read and write English
- Well-developed active listening, critical thinking, and deductive reasoning skills
- Dependability- must be reliable, responsible and committed to fulfilling assigned duties
- Independence- individuals must be self-starters and have the ability to work with little or no supervision
- Have a dependable means of transportation to get to and from jobsites and other places of work
- Overhead pipe installation, including: steel overhead sprinkler piping, wet, dry, pre-action and deluge, fire pump, standpipe and hose systems.
- Install residential systems, including: CPVC residential pipe and copper residential pipe installation.
- Install and service underground pipe including: private service fire mains, hydrants, pits and underground control valves.
- Install and service valves, devices and trim for system risers, alarm valves, dry pipe valves, pre action and deluge valves, backflow prevention devices, sprinkler system alarms.
- Fabricating, assembling, installing and maintaining piping, fixtures and equipment for fire sprinkler systems.
- Inspects installation of equipment such as valves, pumps, and backflow preventers to ensure systems meet required standards and are in working order.
- Cut, thread, groove, and bend pipe to specifications, using tools such as saws, cutting torches, pipe threaders, groovers, and benders.
- Assemble and secure pipes, tubes, fittings, and related equipment, according to specifications, by welding, brazing, cementing and threading joints.
- Attach pipes to walls, structures and fixtures using brackets, clamps, tools or welding equipment.
- Inspect, examine, and test installed systems and pipe lines, using pressure gauge, hydrostatic testing, observation, or other methods.
- Measure and mark pipes for cutting and threading.
- Lay out full scale drawings of pipe systems, supports, and related equipment, following blueprints.
- Plan pipe system layout, installation, or repair according to specifications.
Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, 401K, ESOP.
See all of our current job openings.